See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: For full time card counters, KJ, others..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    "This is my first year as a pro. It is not over yet but about 360 hours so far and $90K win from counting and $28K from other AP play. I expect to win about another 6-10K in the around 25 hours I anticipate playing before the years end. If I get the time in that would be 385 hours counting this year. Average about an hour a day."
    Knowing Tthree personally, (and having often seen his amazing play),
    over quite some years, I can say that he is both truthful and honorable;
    and these extraordinary figures jive closely with what he has shared
    with me numerous times throughout the year. What makes it profound
    is that such an extraordinary result can be had playing GREEN. I truly
    believe that he is the BEST player extant, bar none. My cap is doffed.

Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 12-26-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Knowing Tthree personally, (and having often seen his amazing play),
    over quite some years,

Flash (and friends), I respectfully ask you to think about these types of statements. Yes, we all realize a core little group of you guys are friends and personally know each other. That's great. But having driven off many from the site that aren't part of what now has become the little “clique” (T3's word) of this site, you guys seem to want to vouch for each other, in an effort to further legitimize and elevate each other, while at the same time, whether intentionally or not, devaluing others.

The end result is anyone not in this “clique” feels like an outside and is hesitant to participate. And I am not talking about just myself. Ken's site, went through a similar thing towards the end when people that attended those “bashes” that CP held annually where the “in crowd” and those of us, including some really legitimate successful and knowledgeable AP's, that valued there anonymitity, as I do, were made to feel like outsiders to the club.

You don't need to 'vouch' for and elevate each other. Nor do you need to try to discredit others not in your little circle. Members can figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is mostly just talking (not a reference to anyone in particular). Let's try to let the site revolve back to an open community where all are welcome, rather than the little private clubhouse that it has become.

Freightman, I have asked before and I respectfully ask again....please stop with all the KJ quitting and returning references. The truth is that I don't feel very welcome here and constantly get frustrated. And yes, I have brought some of that on myself, mostly out of frustration because so many other members that shared my views on a certain subject have exited for whatever reason and there are a variety of reasons for different players. I now mostly just feel “ganged up on” (and I am not a person that likes a good gang bang ) and have at times retaliated in ways I am not proud of. I am trying to move forward.

The site is about sharing experiences, for the benefit of others and benefiting from others who share their experiences and that is precisely why I continue to read, even when I don't feel like participating. I continue to learn and benefit from members here, even some that I am not all that fond of, so I am not going to stop reading the site, no matter how much I choose or not choose to participate in the future. Get over that.

One other thing that has been repeatedly mentioned is that I am intolerant of other methods and style (including counts) of attack and think my way is the only way. NOTHING could be further from the truth. Quite the contrary, I know my methods are most elementary. That's what best fits my limited abilities. I take those elementary methods and put my own twist on things to best suit me and my situation, which includes location.

Believe me, I am not trying to mold others towards my method of play and attack. That really is very detrimental to me and my longevity plans. As a matter of fact there have been a number of members/players from several sites that I participate on that have privately told me they relocated to Las Vegas, because of me and my sharing of experiences. One such player (from Bj21) I rented my second home to for a year and eventually sold that home to him. Talk about creating your own competition.

A new year is approaching. I don't know what it brings. But I would like to see this site be more welcoming to everyone, so that we all, no matter what level of participation from the “inner-circle group” to the many “lurkers” can better benefit from a wider variety of opinions, views and experiences, and maybe even draw a few of the legit members that have vacated the site on their own back or encourage those that have all but ceased participating, to once again participate more.

Last edited by KJ; 12-26-2015 at 09:58 AM.