Quote Originally Posted by fresh ice cream View Post
I found that I can't count the card very accurately when I add the side count.As a result, I use English letter to assign Ace.For example, when first Ace comes out, I assign the first Ace as A, second Ace as B,etc...It works better for me because I will not mess up with my main count.This was wit I found.Anyone has better idea or own way?welcome to discuss.

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

Go play ping pong everyday for a few weeks. The skills you develop there are the exact same ones required to keep two moving numbers accurately in your head: Your score and your opponent's. The numbers fly around much faster in your head at the card table, but the concept is exactly the same.

I play cards professionally and use a complex count where both counts can get somewhat large(-ish) in number at times - i.e. the snapshot of a less frequent / outlier running count could be -42, +36, whatever. I think using two numbers is the best method. If you use letters for the side count then there is extra effort required to transpose that count back to its numerical value, and you already have enough to think about, like true count calculation(s), scaling bets / betting adjustments, index plays, being cognizant of what's going on around you and how you are being perceived by others, etc.

Ping Pong.