See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a reputable US firm for a sim

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is why this thread is in the disadvantage forum.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    While I understand that, now, I'm being hypocritical by adding to the thread, it never ceases to amaze me how someone can post about how he's found a way to turn water into wine, and, for the next 2 1/2 weeks, people attempt to educate him as to why he is wrong!

There isn't a progression-advocating person on the face of the earth who a) doesn't think he's right, and b) gives a shit what anyone else says. So, if we can't learn, why should they? Do we really think that a progressionist wants a lesson in mathematics??

Don

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Dschles, you are not incorrect in saying that card counters and progressionists are worlds apart, and that is due to the underlying paradigm of their respective methodology. The card counter stems from the quantitative paradigm while the progressionist is more qualitative. They are complementary yet dissociated. My approach is phenomenological in essence, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be matimatizied. Throw a hammer in the air and it falls on your head, no need to understand gravity.

In reality, counters have more in common with progressionists than one might think. In order to win at blackjack one must have a bet spread or bet variations. Flat betting all your life should lose, but if anybody wants to win playing blackjack, higher bets must win over smaller bets. Both counters and progressionists have bet variations.

Both usually play perfect (or better) basic strategy.

Some counters will use progressions for not to be caught counting and some progressionists will be taken for counters if they win big or win regularly.

Both love the game!

i_love_blackjack_postcard-rf3a4ceef299d42979e3a3be4586395cc_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Blog Entries

This is why this thread is in the disadvantage forum.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

It was never elsewhere

Moving forward, here is a copy of the letter I have just sent to MIT EECS department (electrical engineering and computer science) :
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

EECS Headquarters
    77 Massachusetts Ave., 38-401
    Cambridge, MA 02139

Hi,

My name is ____________, I’m a social worker and Canadian living in Ottawa’s national capital region. I am writing MIT because I need your expertise, to either validate or invalidate a blackjack betting strategy. In the past, MIT has been in the news concerning blackjack, that’s how your name came up for this project.

What I need is someone from MIT, either a graduate student or a teacher who would be interested in this endeavor.

Tasks are simple:

-Construct software that mimics a real blackjack game with standard rules
    -Run my betting strategy

I expect the results to be validated by MIT, but the betting strategy kept confidential if the results show a positive outcome.

I am ready to pay for the project, and I am very confident about the results.

Please forward this letter to departmental heads who may be interested in following up with this project.

If you have any questions, I leave you with my email, mailing address and phone number.
    This is a serious request.

Thank you for any help you may provide,

Most sincere regards,

Tel: (__) __-____
    Email : [email protected]
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

I shall let this board know if MIT embarks on this project.
    Last edited by Picasso; 10-31-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries

If your point is to prove that mathematics and science are false; you have "a tough row to hoe."

Quite the contrary Norm, I'm trying to mathematically validate the system

Blog Entries

1+1=2

Let's wait and see.
    From you Norm, I expect but laughs.
    From open minded people, I expect a small ounce of hope that...maybe...

I'm sure I'm on to something or else I wouldn't go thru all this trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    Quite the contrary Norm, I'm trying to mathematically validate the system
    If you understand the math that is impossible. The system is negative EV.

I expect (approximately) a +3.5% adv to the player. We shall see.

My offer stands: I'll charge you half of MIT's price to provide you with their precisely same findings: your system doesn't work! :-)

Don

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast