Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
Hi Tarzan

I'm not trying to add to or renew the old which count is better argument. My understanding according to Norm and Don is that you can't play enough hours in a lifetime to determine that. You can be above or below EV at any point in time but it means nothing. You are where you are but it takes billions of rounds of simulation to determine whether one method is preferable to another. Their comments on this caught my eye and maybe Norm and Don will contribute a little to this discussion.

I respect your abilities and was just wondering what your thoughts are on this?
Just disregard these people. They talk about hundreds of side counts and then hit positive variance and think it's their super count. If you're playing shoe games with 100s of side counts, the lack of frequency of surplus and deficits in card denominations such as depleted 4s or 5s or 6s or a surplus of 4's, 5s, and 6s for example just wont be enough in the long run to make what they're doing even worth a damn. You might get a meaningful deficit or surplus to make a correct decision maybe once every 100 shoes and then you still wont be guaranteed to win that hand. Just isn't worth it. These people chasing pennies, when they should be chasing dollars. Delusional sim minded people.

Highly dealt pitch game different story. But these guys advocating 100s of side counts dont play highly dealt pitch games, they are playing 6-8 deck avg pen shoe games. And if I remember clearly, Tarzan plays in AC and strictly shoe games LOL