See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you attack this game (or would you)?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My count is "capable" of handling it, I suppose but why is the question? If I have a choice between 8D, H17 autoshuffled and 6D, S17 handshuffled which is the more logical choice? Choose the 8D because it's more of a challenge or something? Prove that I'm so awesome that I can play at these 8D, H17, autoshuffled, low stakes, packed tables where my hands per hour are drastically reduced? No, I'll pass.

I noted that it was Cardguy asking about a play all scenario with 8D. I quoted Cardguy but your name appeared since it was your response to him that I actually replied to. Something about this 8D game of his worth noting is S17, LS, making it a little more worthwhile than some of the 8D games I've seen, such as the standard AC 8D game which is horrible and not worth playing. No, I don't play any 8D, even if my count is going to handle it better than anyone else's. Why would I do that if I have better games than that available? Part of the battle is most certainly scouting games with more favorable rules to try and shave down the house edge. Playing at the packed in low stakes 8D tables is also going to drastically reduce hands per hour which also needs to be considered. Wonging in becomes an issue at these packed tables, it's hard to get a seat at +2 if there's no seat open, the crowded table with people moving can obstruct the full view of the table (cards) which is also a pain in the balls.

As I mentioned, years back I used to wong into 6D, S17 games at a few certain locations but I've never attempted it with 8D. Certain conditions were needed, busy with lots of tables open so you can blend in and wander about less conspicuously but not so busy that you can't find a seat at the table. Lots of standing around, lots of walking... good times! Anyway, I play 6D and actively seek decent DD games... why do you think I should go in the other direction with increased randomization and fewer hands per hour? I guess it would give me some sort of bragging rights but it sure wouldn't help my bottom line.

Last edited by Tarzan; 11-28-2015 at 03:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12