See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GWAE episode yesterday, SCG guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

GWAE episode yesterday, SCG guest

Thought it was a great episode, one of my favorites. His approach might not be for everyone's nerves/stomach or smaller bankrolls, but well thought out and executed as his results attest. Kudos to smallcap for being an enjoyable, refreshingly honest/blunt and helpful interview. Can be found on Sticher, ITunes or Munchkin's website.

Banned or Suspended

Yep, it was a good listen indeed. Listening to him, I found saying "Oh my god" a number of times, as our approach's to everything from attacking the game, to limits, to longevity, to travel, couldn't be more opposite. I think I may have uttered 'nut job' a couple times. (just kidding SCG).

But, SCG is no nut job. Just a quick listen, proves, he is very intelligent and knows his stuff. He has found a way that works for him and has enjoyed great success in a short window of time. His persistence at the beginning, when others would have quit was most impressive.

Despite that we view and play the game so very differently, I learned a few things yesterday from SCG that no doubt will benefit my game and career. The great ones have a way of teaching you something whether you want them to or not....if you just listen.

Congrats on your success, SCG.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I was disappointed that he doesn't talk the way he types.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

Banned or Suspended

That's quite a story SCG. You mentioned that you play a lot of hours, when you do play a session how many hours do you typically go at it with the house? I did not know that watching the HollyRollers story on Netflix is what inspired you to venture down this path, interesting. Yourself being a financial planner and taking out a home equity line of credit to finance gambling on the BJ tables if I heard correctly is quite a gamble.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 06-25-2015 at 12:41 AM.

its called leverage.. its used alot

thanks guys, it seems like a couple people liked it, I was neverous people where not gunna like it but I guess it came out good.

this is how I talk.. I didn't curse in the interview cause I am serious about my game and don't mess around. I def can curse up a storm but didn't feel it was the right spot to do that

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I like the way you say chocolates.

I really enjoyed the show as well and thought that it was a good example for beginning/aspiring card counters of what's possible if you're willing to really put the time, work, and money into the endeavor. Probably one of my favorites that GWAE has put out.

As someone who has met SCG a couple times, I can vouch that he seems like a fairly modest, decent guy who is willing to offer insight/help to those who are interested.

In networking with other APs, either talking to APs in real life and playing with them, or posting on forums...you get a feel that there are plenty of APs who can be pretty selfish and only care about themselves.

Listening to the show, it was made obvious SCG is not one of those people. He tips, he's friendly, gets stuff for his host when they hook him up, he helps clean the table, and overall is an ideal customer.....well, minus the whole card counting thing.

I think that's important for two reasons. One is the reason he mentioned...more longevity: the dude who's not causing any problems is gonna get more leniency than the jerk. And the second reason is.....I don't want to be an asshole. Everything goes a lot smoother if everyone is nice and courteous to each other.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Goon interview SCG. I enjoyed it a lot. Glad GWAE did it and that you agreed to do it. I learned a lot from you and I'm really grateful. Thanks man.

Just listened to the episode earlier today. Great story and very entertaining! Definitely enjoyed it!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Yep, it was a good listen indeed. Listening to him, I found saying "Oh my god" a number of times, as our approach's to everything from attacking the game, to limits, to longevity, to travel, couldn't be more opposite.
    You should be interviewed one of these weeks since you're a full-time player in Vegas, where SmallCap says it's difficult to play in, and also because of the completely opposite play style. I would listen to it and I'm sure many others would as well.

vegas is great for 2x300 and under.. it is terrible for 2x800 and above..

didn't mean to trash vegas in that manner and I should of disclosed where im coming from but high stakes count play is real tough in vegas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast