Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
Thanks for not answering my question.
At a crowded rainbow betting table full of side bettors around 50 rounds/hour and at an empty table anywhere from 80 to 250 rounds/hour depending on the dealer, but I have had dealers deal much slower heads up. As for average that gets very complicated which is why nobody has answered your question. Do you like that answer better because that is the best answer I can give? You seemed to think speed depended most on the dealer which is usually not the case. I was just pointing out your failed premise in a nice way. I left a table with a fat count because the game was so slow. I played 3 shoes at the next table and they hadn't finished the shoe that I left halfway through the shoe yet. There was only one person at the sloooooooooooooooooooooow table. You make what you make at the table. Everything we do as players is short term. All you can do to assure your results are somewhat predictable in the short term is do everything you can to tighten the bell curves in order to lower your n0. Wonging, stronger counts and more indices help with that goal. You know what conditions you are going to play on average so only you can give an accurate answer to your question. Just get out and play some so you can answer it rather than armchair AP'ing. I have no idea what my average is. I can tell you how many rounds an hour I am getting at any session but averaging the wide range of speeds you have to deal with is a daunting task. I wish I got enough heads up that had a fast dealer to make an impact on all the slow tables. I would guess that 100 rounds/hour is a generous estimate.

The way I look at it is you play the conditions you find worthwhile and that is it. The speed is out of your control for the most part. You either accept what is there or you don't play. Often I choose not to play. I would rather get 12 to 18 quality hours with a low n0 on a 2 day trip than try to play the crappy conditions to get more hours in. The results are much more predictable. You can sit there in your armchair and imagine how much you may make one day all you want but it isn't going to change what you will actually make or the speed of the games you actually end up playing. You want to figure out things that are in your control like your system, number of indices and finding tolerant stores. These things will affect n0 and winrate in a predictable way.