See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do ?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
    What would I do?.....hmm, my answer is very simple, I have done the bulk of my playing using team play, and if I saw you make that play for my team, I just might physically rip you out of your seat and put you in a timeout in a corner until you either understood your mistake or quit the team and then you could go off and play with your gut and hunches on your own dime. This play you describe is a no brainer, you played it wrong. If you are an AP, if you are counting cards, if you are using even the most basic indices, then there is no other decision to be made besides surrender. And using the excuse of a cover play with what should have been a max bet out at a TC of 6.5, then you really have got this game all wrong and I think you may want to rethink your approach to the game.

And before anyone starts saying how stupid it would be to make a scene at the table by physically removing another player, please understand that would be my sentiment not my true action. I said that to just get the point across how blatantly wrong the play in question is. I would signal the player off the table for sure. The discussion afterward in private most likely would not be a pleasant one.
    It constantly amazes me how people dribble before they shoot - I wasn't looking for anyone's approval - simply wanted to bring an extremely interesting hand out for some opinion and worthwhile discussion.. How bout the part where I said I needed to book the loss. I'm not active on this board, generally preferring to spend my time elsewhere. Those that know me know that I am a formidable competitor. So, if you want to discipline somebody, discipline your teammates or someone in your family, that's fine. I wont listen to bull****. If you want to discuss theory, will gladly and willingly oblige - I think you'll find I have some valuable thoughts.

Now, lets change the scenario here - assume no surrender - who's going to split?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Your supposed to dribble before you shoot, especially if you're out of your shooting range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    Stealth,
    You really think it was a hard round, I think a no brainer,!,if you were there, at 6.5 true, and one more round if you surrendered, with those cards, would you have invested in that hand against a ten???Hell no!

Freightman needs to do some homework,, IMHO, that hand could have turned nuclear.

Ouchez
    Never suggested anything but to surrender. But, I will also take a supportive position for my fellow AP and wish him well in the choice he made, RIGHT OR WRONG. Either way,right or wrong then learn from it and grow.

Ouchez, I do appreciate your comments and agree this puppy could have been ugly or a thing of beauty. The decision to play was about gambling.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Back in the old days there was a guy in my neighborhood named Spike.
    I swear the Eddie Mush character was created after him.
    He lost every bet he made and would say afterwards "It takes balls to be gambler."
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by njrich520 View Post
    "It takes balls to be gambler."
    Maybe someone should neuter Freightman. I like to get the most I can out of max bet not give back EV while I eat more cards at high count. I am not sure why he continues to defend his play. I am not sure why he had to think about what to do. This hand was likely to turn into one of those monster were you need a dealer to bust when that is unlikely and the swing on making a 20 or busting will be at least 8 max bets, maybe even double that. That's $2,800 swing minimum and possibly 5 to 10K with a big disadvantage. If he needed to book the lose as he says why not just double down on both hands? He would be branded an idiot or some kind of ST genius. I understand needing to book a loss but that means walking when you are down a little not trying to lose.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I think at this time we need to lighten up on Freightman and wish him well, and actually thank him for the post he made that I am sure will allow many to learn from his glaring mistake, and also a glimpse into the Psyche' of an AP gone wrong.

Freightman, come out of the "woodshed", no hard personal feelings toward you, just alot of "tough love", and pleaze, don't abandon this site over this thread, we all value you and just want the best for you in your future play.

Best,
    Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 07-31-2013 at 04:50 AM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That's a good post. Bonus points are due since it was posted by Ouchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    After give or take, a million or so hands of blackjack, I wanted to publicize a very unusual hand - and given the exact circumstance, who do you think you are making such an assinine comment. Clearly, consensus here suggests that discretion would have been the better part of valor, and I'm more than happy to buy that - however - until you clearly understand the post, I would suggest you not stick your foot in your mouth.

One last tidbit I failed to share - well aware the risk - a concept which may escape you - if it came to that - I really did need to book the loss, which I failed to do.
    It wasn't that unusual of a hand, and who's being asinine and who's sticking who's foot in who's mouth? And now you're claiming you were playing to lose but won anyway? Any other stupid "facts" you'd like to make up along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    I think at this time we need to lighten up on Freightman and wish him well, and actually thank him for the post he made that I am sure will allow many to learn from his glaring mistake, and also a glimpse into the Psyche' of an AP gone wrong.

Freightman, come out of the "woodshed", no hard personal feelings toward you, just alot of "tough love", and pleaze, don't abandon this site over this thread, we all value you and just want the best for you in your future play.
    Well said. For those who subscribe to Green Chip, there is a like thread in the Theory section.

This thread is going in the wrong direction. Not all the info is dispose by the OP I believe . I do not believe someone that played for that long can make a "mistake " like that! There are likely hidden agendas on this play , I suppose. We need to everybody treat each other with more " care " . With words that are carefully chosen ,we would not step on other's toes.

I think Freightman is stronger than to leave the forum after one or two people went a little over the top. If he has been an AP for as long as he says he must have a thick skin. It comes with the territory. I am not sure what he expected other than the types of responses he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I think Freightman is stronger than to leave the forum after one or two people went a little over the top. If he has been an AP for as long as he says he must have a thick skin. It comes with the territory. I am not sure what he expected other than the types of responses he got.
    I'm still not sure why he posted this. And then he tries to cover his tracks by saying he was trying to book a loss. I'm sorry but I just don't get any of it.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21gunsalute View Post
    It wasn't that unusual of a hand, and who's being asinine and who's sticking who's foot in who's mouth? And now you're claiming you were playing to lose but won anyway? Any other stupid "facts" you'd like to make up along the way?

Someone is right - I do have a thick skin. You guys can take your pick as to who this is directed to - seems to be numerous worthy candidates - it's simply a copy of a post on the other forum with some ******* giving expelling some ridiculous opinion - pleased to join your community - look forward to the banter.

Just who do you think you are? you haven't got a ****ing clue about me - my local conditions, my problems in those local conditions, my bankroll or for that matter my ytd numbers. With good intentions, I post what I think is an interesting hand under the circumstances with the clear intent stated of asking for commentary on what should be an interesting thread. Instead, I get some bozo comments - especially yours - assuming facts not in evidence. If just for a moment you can replace those fecal cells in your brainstem for some modicum of intelligence, you just might try understand the parameters that I play under.

For the record, I really don't give a **** what anyone thinks about the play of the hand -primarily because I really didn't care if I won the hand or not - again - my intent was to seek meaningful dialogue.

For the record, Stores in my area have issues in regards to my win rates and amounts - it is SIGNIFICANT for this jurisdiction. . The particular store in question has a target in my back.

I don't go purposely out to lose - I simply gave the house an another bite at the apple which actually enured to my benefit. I have a real problem right now - as ridiculous as this may seem -I cant lose, and it's been non stop - and believe me - its a problem. July is now finished with another monster month under my belt and another major milestone.under my belt. This is my best year ever, and was 3 months ago. Now - maybe you can understand part of my motivation - so please - taker your sanctimonius bull **** and stick it up your ass.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast