Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
You have a video to show hotel security and/or police of someone in your safe. You SMS method is all well and good, however, unless your down the hall at the ice machine, there's no way you'll be able to get back to your room in time.

Do me a favor and drop me an email at my user name at gmail. I have something I'd like to ask you off the forum.
Right, I was getting at that if the housekeeping staff who find your stash decide to steal it, I'm assuming that they will not stick around. Then again, I tend to give criminals too much credit and assume they are smart. But you are right, getting a SMS won't immediately stop the theft. It might tempt you to GTFO of where you are though and get to the hotel before the worker gets off shift, perhaps. Again, I still don't recommend keeping anything super valuable in the safe. Not sure what the best option is if you don't want to use an ATM, but I like the idea someone posted about a safety deposit box. A safety deposit box at a local branch isn't the worst idea, except bank hours kinda suck.

Also, email has been sent.