Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
Often, your problem is the English language and the unclear manner in which you express yourself. (And no, repeating the same thing ten times doesn't make it CLEARER to someone; it just makes it more annoying.)

This was your original sentence (what it has morphed into since is quite irrelevant, because my argument hasn't changed since the beginning, while yours has): "It is a fallacy to view being dealt a T or A as a first card after you have already bet and can't change your bet as having an advantage . ..." (My emphasis at the end.)

So, this is a yes or no question that requires a one-word answer and not a dissertation (I dare you to answer in one word; you're totally incapable of doing that): If you have already made your bet and now see only the first card of your hand and it is an ace, do you have an advantage over the dealer at that precise moment in time, or do you not? Yes, you do, or no you don't? One word!

Don
Yes, since brevity has been asked of me I don't tend to explain the first sentence with follow up sentences so when my choice of English is poor in the initial post these problems occur. I knew what I meant and that is what I remember posting. I stated what I meant over and over and everyone seems to be ignoring that and focusing on the first statement that I chose my words poorly in. I should have said the knowledge that your first card is a T or A after you have made your bet can't be used to your advantage. A subtle difference in wording that totally changes what I wrote to what I meant and what I have been saying in every post after that one. I will change my initial post to reflect what I meant.