See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do ?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

What would you do ?

Almost all decisions are fully automatic - this one made me pause

Game is 6d h17 DAS, DA2, SR
    Playing heads up, spread to 2 hands - last hand (second last if I surrender)
    TC is pos 6.5
    Get 8-8 and 8-8 v dealer 10. Bets are 2x350

With 1 hand 8-8, easy decision, just surrender, or 1 hand 8-8 along with a playable hand, just surrender the 8-8.

After a 30 second think session, my reasoning tells me to take the shot, decide to play. Not that it matters, I won the double plus 1 hand, tying the third and losing the fourth.

Opinions pro and con - this should be interesting

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No opinion. Surrender both.

Banned or Suspended

Why, do you feel uneasy, unsure of your decision?????????????????????????????????????????? ?? You paused,,,maybe because you had $700 out, and possibly much more if you played the hand,,are you playing the cards or the money???hmm,,,why don't you tell us exactly what you were thinking! That is what I find interesting

Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 07-29-2013 at 07:53 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    Why, do you feel uneasy, unsure of your decision?????????????????????????????????????????? ?? You paused,,,maybe because you had $700 out, and possibly much more if you played the hand,,are you playing the cards or the money???hmm,,,why don't you tell us exactly what you were thinking! That is what I find interesting

Ouchez
    I was absolutely playing the cards - I decided to ignore the obvious surrender thinking I had a reasonable shot to break even on his and quite prepared to lose an additional 350 in the process. Losing the hand would not affect either my standard of living or bankroll

trick question?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I was absolutely playing the cards - I decided to ignore the obvious surrender thinking I had a reasonable shot to break even on his and quite prepared to lose an additional 350 in the process. Losing the hand would not affect either my standard of living or bankroll
    Should also have mentioned that i popped an addl 350 on the hand looking for the double which I got, and which I considered as a reasonable shot with 4 chances. The other thought that crossed my mind was diluting the remaking deck to give me an extra shot - so the possilities were lose 350 surrendering both, possibly losing 700 (1050) with the double, or some other combo of gaining or losing on the hand vs the surrender. I did get lucky.

If there is a chance of 1 more round then why not surrender ,hoping to capitalize on the last round.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    If there is a chance of 1 more round then why not surrender ,hoping to capitalize on the last round.
    I considered that also - and without going into detail, decided playing the hand out was my best course of action.

That's still quick thinking IMO..The pause is actually a good move on certain hands. Cheap cover.
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

Oh... I almost forgot LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Almost all decisions are fully automatic - this one made me pause

Game is 6d h17 DAS, DA2, SR
    Playing heads up, spread to 2 hands - last hand (second last if I surrender)
    TC is pos 6.5
    Get 8-8 and 8-8 v dealer 10. Bets are 2x350

With 1 hand 8-8, easy decision, just surrender, or 1 hand 8-8 along with a playable hand, just surrender the 8-8.

After a 30 second think session, my reasoning tells me to take the shot, decide to play. Not that it matters, I won the double plus 1 hand, tying the third and losing the fourth.

Opinions pro and con - this should be interesting
    While some on the fly adjustment might have be worthy of consideration if the pen for this game was deep and the tc was +6.5, I would still have to surrender these hands as the sims suggest. Certainly, we all are familiar with what might happen if we play it differently but the real issue is the long term and being true to our game.

With all that thought, it was a hard round. Glad it resulted in some positive variance.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

What system yu use? If HiLo, im certain a TC of 6.5 exceeds the no longer split 88vT deviation.
    Thou i use HiOpt2, my index for it is 12. 12/2 = 6 sooooo...don split, an surrender if yu can? Lol

I would surrender both. This is a dangerous situation to play. You go from 2x350 to 4x350 and may split more times. You eat a lot of cards at a high count and give up EV in the process. A double will be against a T at a high count. Not my dream play but plus EV. Lose the 1 bet of $350 and move on. The dealer is likely to have a 20 or other pat hand. You screwed up big time and got lucky. Of course each count will have different answers on when to make various plays. I never split 88vT preferring to give up some EV in some cases for the no variance of surrender. You got lucky and won 2 bets but more likely you would lose 4 bets. Splitting 88vT is a high variance defensive split. Surrendering is a no variance defensive move. Much of RoR lies in the variance with big bets out. For my count, HIOPT II, the surrender index is +2. You never mentioned the count but I think everyone assumes it was above the surrender index.
    Last edited by Three; 07-30-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast