See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Cover play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercube View Post
    nope i dont split 8s v 9,10,A, because my sim results optimizing score and RA betting for the system i play tell me it reduces $$/hr if it do it in high counts. I get that its technically borderline better in low counts, not doing it gives up nothing and reduces session variance and you can simply take that $$ where you were going to split the 88s v 9,10,a and wait and place an extra bet in a better double down or split situation v a weaker dealer card, so not splitting the 8s become huge +ev that way

Hypercube, there is so much wrong with the above quote that if this is how you think I will kindly ignore you. You can not play that way "wait and place an extra bet in a better double down or split situation v a weaker dealer card" by picking and choosing your own basic strategy, and rightfully say "so not splitting the 8s become huge +ev that way" that is simply not true. Using risk averse indexes is a good thing, and I recommend players use them, but you are taking this to a whole new level.

" Originally Posted by hypercubeOriginally Posted by NB10
    Wanted to get the thoughts of more experienced players, what are the most effective cover plays for lessening heat whilst minimising the amount of EV sacrificed?"

Hypercube responded with:

"if I have max bet out and i want to split 10s v 4,5,6 i take out my double sided tail coin out and say heads i stand tails I split!! if its a low count i use my double sided head coin!"

Go ahead and use your two sided coin flip, and go get that extra EV for that play. What about beyond that one play? Oh yes, in your world no one saw a thing, great idea, that is completely ridiculous.
    Last edited by BoSox; 08-13-2017 at 07:41 AM.