See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: K-O Blackjack vs HiLo

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Don S, I had to think awhile to come up with something and reckless wouldn't be a fair word. From a beginner's standpoint, the universal understanding of the ill 18 could be misleading. Sweet sixteen is a far more realistic suggestion. In today's game, and based on what I've read on the forum, the 12vs5,6 might be replaced with 13vs4, 14vs2,3,10. Especially when the 7 is given a card point value. But that's about it. The rest is pdg.
    Read BJA3, bottom of p. 207, number 6. Terribly reckless, huh?

Don

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Read BJA3, bottom of p. 207, number 6. Terribly reckless, huh?

Don
    I think this was the point of Ex's diatribe. Your answers often refer to bookmarks. I dunno that's pretty much between you guys.

Joe Montana - SF 49ers. Vince Lombardi - Green Bay Packers. Michael Jordan - Chicago Bulls. Don S - ill 18.

Point is, names are often remembered with accomplishments. In your case, I doubt you would advise a newbie or anyone to always split 10s vs 5,6 at the called index. Yet Zee, for instance, says he employs the ill 18. Eric Farmer posts simulations study based on ill 18 and readers think it's wonderful.

You and I both know SCORE is like an anchor to mathematical equations regarding blackjack. We also know that splitting 10vs5,6 overinflates SCORE which is misleading in a game of people played with cards.

Would you advise a player in today's environment to always hit 12 vs 5,6 at the indice requirement?

Reckless? Absolutely not. Misinformed or not properly understood? Perhaps

Trivia question. What is the commonality of all the names listed above? Don S please don't answer.
    Last edited by moses; 01-06-2017 at 10:05 AM.

If I understood correctly, it is the advices given by Don, that are problematic to Ex.
    As Don, I do not see which ones !?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe B View Post
    If I understood correctly, it is the advices given by Don, that are problematic to Ex.
    As Don, I do not see which ones !?
    If I understood correctly. Don S answering with bookmarks was one, perhaps the main issue of Ex.

OK. Maybe I mistranslated "50% of his will make some mention of his book, no doubt, but its the advice given in those 400 posts that are the issue."
    As far as I'm concerned, this thread begin to me courir sur le haricot....
    Last edited by Phoebe; 01-06-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Banned or Suspended

I'm sorry I don't understand French or whatever the flip you just said. Just part of my hairy legged country boy lingo. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    I think this was the point of Ex's diatribe. Your answers often refer to bookmarks. I dunno that's pretty much between you guys.
    Honestly, there is nothing wrong with only referring someone to bookmarks. What the hell else do players expect spoon feeding, which often turns to disaster.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Honestly, there is nothing wrong with only referring someone to bookmarks. What the hell else do players expect spoon feeding, which often turns to disaster.
    The "wrong" is if you don't have the book. Suppose I ask "hey Bosox, did the Red Sox win last night?" And you reply SportsCenter is on ESPN from 9pm to 10pm.

Now, brother Bosox, this simple pimple thread is now at 242 posts. Isn't it obvious, players want to be spoon fed? BTW good to see Celtics look like a Boston team again. Dang Bruins shot a dagger in me in Montreal.

And you should know the answer to my trivia question. No, it's not fair to ask Don.
    Last edited by moses; 01-06-2017 at 10:33 AM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Just maybe times are tough and Don needs to sell some books.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Just maybe times are tough and Don needs to sell some books.
    Naw. His book revenue is a direct correlation to more shares in the What- a- Burger franchise.

Btw. There is a bright young man I met in September from NJ. He intended to take a two week vacation and bet the NFL along with a little blackjack. He is still here. Doing well and has the free room comp down to an art form. He has the east coast accent. So i ask him if he knew Norm or Don S. How can a blackjack player/sportsbettor from NJ never hear of you two guys?

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Give an example of the kind of reckless advice I give to beginners on this forum. Curious to see what you're talking about.

Don
    [crickets...]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Moses, watch out for the Pats who are super bowl bound. I think they find a way this year, to win it all.

Answer they are all WINNERS.
    Last edited by BoSox; 01-06-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Pat's will be a tough out that's for sure. I'm sorry Alex says that is "not" the correct answer. But close.
    Last edited by moses; 01-06-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast