See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: K-O Blackjack vs HiLo

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    I don't know SP21 from Norm's Uncle Ed. But to say you can't win at blackjack without knowing 400 indices is simply wrong. At least for single deck and double deck.
    Why would you say that. I never came close to saying that. Do you even read the posts you comment on. My point is that you need to develop the skill to learn more indices as an AP/. Not that the skill would necessarily be used at BJ. 50 indices gets most of what is there in BJ but since learning another 50 is so simple why not do it. It is a one time effort rather than something that takes hard work each time you play. There is a big difference between putting in the effort once and getting the benefit forever with no additional effort than learning something "better" that will get easier but will always take at least a tiny bit more effort to do.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    That is what I mean it is called "Ace Adjustment Factor" for betting you can use it for playing as well. In my previous post. A side count of aces is therefore required to determine this factor which is multiplied by the number of aces rich or aces poor, in order to adjust the running count for betting purposes.

Source: Million Dollar Blackjack page 141 .
    But the adjustment for playing purposes depends on the match up. It may be more extreme than the -2 used for betting or it may be no adjustment at all or it may be an extreme positive adjustment per deficit ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Not that the skill would necessarily be used at BJ. 50 indices gets most of what is there in BJ but since learning another 50 is so simple why not do it. It is a one time effort rather than something that takes hard work each time you play. There is a big difference between putting in the effort once and getting the benefit forever with no additional effort than learning something "better" that will get easier but will always take at least a tiny bit more effort to do.
    Then what good is your Blackjack skills if your skills are not going to be used??? To me it is a waste of time. You are not using the information. You remembering indices for no reason. Are you doing this to make other people impressed??

Banned or Suspended

Some indices are essential to learn. The purpose of a stronger count is to get even more out of these particular select indices. Many others could bounce either way over the course of an actual players lifetime. Plus draw heat in the process of the wizardry. But putting it on people they lack mental capacity or desire to learn is not true.

There are 28 choices of counts in Norm's book. I narrowed it down to 6 to be fair and logical. But we've had HiLo and Hi Opt II shoved up our asses for so long. I swear I'm crapping H's.

Don S gives us the Sweet 16/Fab 4. Employ a bottoms up approach from that point as opposed to the top down conundrum of play all because we are all just too stupid.
    Last edited by moses; 12-25-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Then what good is your Blackjack skills if your skills are not going to be used??? To me it is a waste of time. You are not using the information. You remembering indices for no reason. Are you doing this to make other people impressed??
    Because you start your AP career playing the worst and sweatiest AP opportunity, BJ. But you want to play games with far less heat that give higher advantages if you do the work required. If you want to play major league sports you need to start on the sandlot and at higher levels as an amateur. Once your skills are strong enough you can try to play with the pros. Showing up at pro camp unprepared and you get your ass handed to you. You don't try to learn the basic skills required to compete at the pro level while trying to compete. You learn them before you get there so they are automatically done without effort. Perhaps we come from different generations. We were taught hard work and preparation will allow you success. Future generations felt they were owed success and wanted to do the bare minimum to get by. Most never tried to earn success. That attitude is a throwback and a great asset to those that have it.

Question for Flash or Tthree:

Are you(Tthree) or Flash related to Lance Humble (Igor Kusyszyn) or Julian Braun in anyway? Because you two are big promoters of the Hi-OPT II count. However, the first time I hear about the Hi-Opt II count was from Kevin Blackwood in his book. There was not much information about Hi-Opt II I was trying to obtain the "Hi-OPT II Report" many years back when I first started my AP career but it was no longer available and heard it was an expensive report.

So it be hard for me to tell whether or not your are actually learning the "original" Hi-OPT II count or you are making modifications to the system.

Banned or Suspended

"Perhaps we come from different generations. We were taught hard work and preparation will allow you success. Future generations felt they were owed success and wanted to do the bare minimum to get by. Most never tried to earn success. That attitude is a throwback and a great asset to those that have it."
    +1

So it be hard for me to tell whether or not your are actually learning the "original" Hi-OPT II count or you are making modifications to the system.
    Check your E-mail.

Banned or Suspended

Definately from a generation of hard workers. But also practical thinkers. Work hard or work smart. Those that do both go the furthest.

A level one player that employs all indices may think they are working hard, but it's nowhere close to practical in today's game. Norm pretty much said this we he developed REKO.

Flash knows what is he doing. If one is thinking of making such a huge leap, then I can't think of a better teacher. Well worth a plane ticket, bus fare, or whatever.

But it doesn't always have to be A or Z. A to Z is possible with some effort.
    Last edited by moses; 12-25-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Check your E-mail.
    Thanks for the information. But I still suspecting that either you or Flash are related to creator of Hi-OPT II count in some way. I maybe wrong.

Thanks for the information. But I still suspecting that either you or Flash are related to creator of Hi-OPT II count in some way. I maybe wrong.
    I am too humble to try to take credit for that.

Banned or Suspended

Question for Flash or Tthree:

Are you(Tthree) or Flash related to Lance Humble (Igor Kusyszyn) or Julian Braun in anyway? Because you two are big promoters of the Hi-OPT II count. However, the first time I hear about the Hi-Opt II count was from Kevin Blackwood in his book. There was not much information about Hi-Opt II I was trying to obtain the "Hi-OPT II Report" many years back when I first started my AP career but it was no longer available and heard it was an expensive report. whether or not your are actually learning the "original" Hi-OPT II count or you are making modifications to the system.
    I've told the story of Lance Humble and I, so I'll not repeat it.

As far as Kevin Blackwood goes, I played a little on-line

backgammon with him but it was like 2 years ago.

As far as the Hi-Opt II 'monograph'

goes, it is copyrighted and you should

contact me privately.

My data re: the original Hi-Opt II

is more reliable than the early work.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    I've told the story of Lance Humble and I, so I'll not repeat it.

As far as Kevin Blackwood goes, I played a little on-line

backgammon with him but it was like 2 years ago.

As far as the Hi-Opt II 'monograph'

goes, it is copyrighted and you should

contact me privately.

My data re: the original Hi-Opt II

is more reliable than the early work.

Thanks your for the information.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast