RECAP: As some know, while passively learning blackjack over the last 1.5 years or so, it wasn't until fairly recently that I really dug myself in. My bankroll is not acceptable, however is replenishable. I'm red chipping at table minimums using a 1-16 spread splitting to 2 hands at .75 of max bet. For now, using Hilo with Ill 18 and a few others however not yet what I'd call "complete". Likely switching to RPC or Zen; more so for the masking effect in that it seems most pit/EITS are checking with Hilo. Longevity is my #1 priority. I have a fulltime job working 24/48s so it enables me to play often and at times easier to sit down heads up. While being a "pro" would be nice, my first and main goal is to bring in only 1k a month.

My actual live play began in September. While I didn't get to play as many sessions as I were hoping to, I exceeded EV by $310. If the comp value for rooms,food, etc is added I'm at $810. SD and variance have been in my favor, however I do my best to play heads up to get in more rounds per hour. I can't say I've encountered any heat, but if I have a max bet out and that results in any splits, DDs, or index play, I don't wait around and see how they feel. I understand this game is about the long run, and greed seems to be the quickest path to an early ban hammer.

I've gotten in 3 trips and about 9 sessions. Most of my sessions usually are only 2-5 shoes, but this month I've already had two fairly entertaining stories. At one of my "training" spots which is more of a dump where I play more aggressively, on my first trip here I was at 3rd with 3 others at the table. HiLo TC of 6, and I've got A,9 with max bet out. Dealer showing a 6. Being that I came into this place with the mindset of it being an experiment zone, I went ahead and went the aggressive route and doubled my Soft 20. The ploppies erupt with dissatisfaction, informing me to return to slots as to no longer disrupt the oh so intricate flow and inform me there are certain ways one must play the game. I jokingly replied with "scared money doesn't make money!" as dealer handed me hard 20. Dealer turns over the whole card to reveal 16, then draws a 3. Wipes out the entire table as I cheer and give some claps playing the gambler persona. Dealer pays me as the ploppies become furious rednecks for stealing the dealer bust card. The entire table cleared after that hand and I was left heads up for the last few hands of the still rich shoe. (FYI, the next highest bet on the table was only $10)

Then my last trip, I sat down at a $5 min shoe at shuffle, and the count begins to climb in the last 1/3rd of the shoe. I'm working up my spread but it seems all I could do was push at best. I get out to 1x$100, dealt a pair, split, and doubled each pair. This was a full table and things quickly escalated from my 1 red chip to $400 in front of me. These ploppies were not of redneck descent, and were flat betting about 50 all around aside from one fella betting blacks. I haven't had that much money out on the one hand before, and I was obviously nervous. But I was confident in my count and therefore had no issue buying in for more to complete my doubles. As hoped, the dealers 6 went to a 3 card bust and the entire table cheered for me as I "stuck it to the man." I quickly colored up and left the building.

While I know these are much lower stakes stories than you all are used to, I just figured I'd keep you guys up to date with my progress as much of what I've learned has come from this site and CV. Everyone's input so far has been greatly appreciated and has not fallen on deaf ears. May the cards be ever in our favor.

-Stevie