See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Variance ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Is this a S17 game? If it is a H17 game, you want to Wong in when TC = +3 and Wong out when TC drops to +2. Assume you round down the numbers.
    It's 8 deck h17, if I wait for TC+3 to wong in I will have to BackCount for hours. With the players card perks I have close to 1% adv. on TC +2 so that's enough and yes TC is floored

Don't worry I am playing a 7 DI strategy it works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterhoudini View Post
    I think the key point is to try and keep levelheaded and not let it affect your game and your personal life when you're on a winning or losing streak. It is good that you are evaluating your sessions to constantly refine and improve your game. This is easier said than done- we are humans at the end of the day and not robots and often times a lot of $$ is involved.

Yesterday I lost 9 max bets in one shoe, and dealer capped off the shoe with 3 backdoor blackjacks in a row and then 21. It was totally disgusting and I was frustrated- actually frustrated and it showed. You just cool off, get your mind in a better place and battle another day.

You may have a comfortable bankroll but the goal is still to win $$ or else why would we be playing? You gotta have a little attachment to the cash, or else the business becomes meaningless and you may as well be a robot. Most important thing is to keep humble, grounded and don't get complacent. Be confident in your skills, set your goals high, but always look for ways to refine your game, network with people, and go forge out opportunities for yourself.
    I assume backdoor blackjack is when the dealer's up card is 10 and then peeks an Ace card ?
    3 in a row and then 21 when max betting ouch !
    It's a shame dealer's up cards were not aces

On the other hand, showing emotions at the table can be good for cover I guess. I sometimes see APs wayyy too careless. Gamblers are not careless, they are so greedy lol..

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by apkevy View Post
    I am playing a 7 DI strategy
    DI as in Desirability Index ? Roughly the square root of the Score.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    DI as in Desirability Index ? Roughly the square root of the Score.
    Yes I said 7 but it actually is somehwere between 6 and 7.

"Is the Desirability Index available in CV Data?"

Just the square root of the SCORE.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Is the Desirability Index available in CV Data?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Is the Desirability Index available in CV Data?
    Everyone uses SCORE because DI is not linear but exponential. Most people have trouble comparing things on an exponential scale. SCORE was invented to allow a linear comparison. After the invention of SCORE by a very clever individual the use of DI quickly went the way of the dinosaur for obvious reasons.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    After the invention of SCORE by a very clever individual
    L.O.L. Yes we can stipulate (by consensus) that Don is very clever (a stark understatement)

People here talk about having lost and staying in the game despite serious setbacks. Its attributed to mental toughness. However, some would say, you kept on playing despite serious losses because you are an addict and could not quit. In effect, mental weakness. lol.

Banned or Suspended

I disagree (of course) L.O.L. I think that that line is rarely, if ever, "fine."

"Tough" has little to do with anything outside of sports, warfare or marshall arts.

Mostly, "toughness" is nothing more than a euphemism for macho idiocy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456