See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GWAE episode yesterday, SCG guest

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Now let's keep this thread on topic. This is the place for follow-up questions and discussion about SCG's outstanding performance on the show.

I want to know why he hasn't found a woman and settled down. He can't be that ugly. And even if he is, we now know he has other qualities that women desire.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    But the second part of the multiple edits is that I am not a very good communicator. I have trouble expressing my thoughts the way I want to so, I write something, read it and decide that didn't come out the way I wanted. Radio wouldn't allow for my edits, and I fear I wouldn't be able to express myself the way I intended and just show myself to be the idiot that I am. I think the message boards are probably my best venue.....at least until “The Kewl Life” is published. (Just kidding...no "Kewl Life" on deck)
    You write quite well KJ. I am sure you would make a great interview. Don't sell yourself short. I am the one that few seem to understand either because I am not a good communicator or the subject matter is over their head. I suspect it is mostly the former but some of both. I hope you reconsider. Most of us that did manage to grow a large BR know luck played a huge part but to a degree you make your own luck. I am sure you have a lot to offer in inspiration, experience and knowledge. I for one love your story and feel you have a lot to offer for those that are either in the keep it simple camp or those that that attack would be the best fit for their abilities. I am sure I would learn from an interview with you if it got into some of the managing a pro career stuff rather than counting. I am not trying to suggest you could teach me a thing or 2 there but I have little experience with the issues a full time pro must face that are different from a semi-pro so I have much to learn about managing a pro career.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    SCG,

What steps are you taking towards finding/meeting the right female?

Meeting people requires making the effort and taking action if that's what you truly want to accomplish. By meeting many females, you'll know who's right and who isn't, but the key is to meet many different people and not just a few.

Perhaps you get anxious when speaking with women. Maybe you're worried about what to say, what to talk about, if the conversation will be over, or if she'll scream at you and walk away. If so, practice speaking with as many women as possible, even women you aren't interested in, just to get used to speaking to a woman.

Set small, achievable goals for yourself. Make it a goal to talk to and compliment at least one woman a day and go from there. A simple compliment can go a very long way and is a great ice breaker. It breaks the tension, makes the person smile, and may lead to further conversation.

There is really nothing to fear, and many women are dying to be taken out on dates. The key is to find women whom are single and also looking to find the right person.

I encourage you to get yourself out there, make the effort, and continue making the effort if you aren't immediately successful. Finding the right person takes time, and it will be all worth it and priceless once you do. You have to take action and make the first move, because, to put it bluntly, the love of your life isn't going to fall into your lap or come knocking on your door.

KJ, curious question -- do you not want to do the interview because you don't think it'll be good (ie: it'll turn out weird because you can't express your thoughts/feelings in a good way)? Or do you not want to do the interview for other reasons (ie: you don't want to publicize your methods to the more general public, are you lazy or greedy [not saying you are], find it a waste of time...etc.?)?

If it's the former, I'm sure BD and RWM can do a quick mock interview with you, so you can be a little prepared and know what they're gonna ask, and so you know what and how to say what you want to say when it comes to the real interview. A lot of people would love for you to be interviewed (I would) and we think it'd be a great listen.

If you don't want to do an interview because of the latter reasons....well, can't blame ya about wanting to be secretive.....especially if you have a really girly voice and would be instantly recognized in the pits because of that.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    KJ, curious question -- do you not want to do the interview because you don't think it'll be good (ie: it'll turn out weird because you can't express your thoughts/feelings in a good way)? Or do you not want to do the interview for other reasons (ie: you don't want to publicize your methods to the more general public, are you lazy or greedy [not saying you are], find it a waste of time...etc.?)?

If it's the former, I'm sure BD and RWM can do a quick mock interview with you, so you can be a little prepared and know what they're gonna ask, and so you know what and how to say what you want to say when it comes to the real interview. A lot of people would love for you to be interviewed (I would) and we think it'd be a great listen.

If you don't want to do an interview because of the latter reasons....well, can't blame ya about wanting to be secretive.....especially if you have a really girly voice and would be instantly recognized in the pits because of that.
    I say do the interview on the fly with no rehearsal. I want to know what goes through the mind of a Vegas hustler.

Yes, liked the interview, thought SCG was very open and shared some strategies that were sort of against the norm. Liked that, got some fresh ideas.

Good luck to him and hope we hear more about his adventures.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

u guys are the best thanks for all the good comments

Quote Originally Posted by smallcapgrowth View Post
    u guys are the best thanks for all the good comments
    ...and don't forget about all the "match-making" advice...

j/k, well done my man.
    “You aren’t making money until your money is making money.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    taking out a home equity line of credit to finance gambling on the BJ tables if I heard correctly is quite a gamble.
    A Home Equity line is great. It is your money "stuck" in your home. Investing it is no more risky than investing other money you have, and for most people it is the "cheapest" money you have access to. I usually keep my home pretty close to maxed out mortgaged, and stick that money in other properties and the tables.

Your mortgage could go to Australia if the market turns. Nothing worse than an upside-down mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Your mortgage could go to Australia if the market turns. Nothing worse than an upside-down mortgage.
    I have to agree. In addition, the low rate interest is still a direct assault on your edge. It literally demands blackjack activity to reduce its negative effect on you.

Oh, come on KJ! Pleeeease? Many of us may know your story to some extent. Still, your posts are so numerous that no one can really understand the true KJ experience! Your approach to the game would be a great contrasting interview to Smallcapgrowth.

I hope KJ reconsiders also. I highly enjoy hearing and reading the stories of people who've made AP'ing a lifestyle.

Although it is interesting to hear impromptu answers, if it helps, there could be a set of questions KJ could prepare for before the interview.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123