See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: SCORE of Norm's REKO Insurance index?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

SCORE of Norm's REKO Insurance index?

I have been using TKO as my primary count. I've been revising indices to the system to make it more accurate. We all know that Norm's REKO uses one +2 for all indices decision. Setting IRC= 0 in an eight deck S17, DAS, LS 80% penetration the insurance index to take insurance is +29. If I convert +29 to TC when six deck has been played the TC will be 2.5 ((29-24)/2)= 2.5. What that mean is that when the dealer has an Ace show at six deck player and the count is +29 we take insurance. For REKO with one indices +2 how much EV or SCORE does the insurance index gain or lose compared to the KO insurance index? Is the index change in REKO as good as the original KO insurance index?

Common sense might tell us that there might be some lose in EV but never know until we actually simulate it.

If you are serious about increasing insurance correlation a side count of aces would be the wisest move. They are counted as high and act as a low card for insurance. Add twice the number of aces seen to the RC. The result counts 7 cards as low and the 4 T's as high. When there are at least 2 T's yet to be counted for every low card that will be counted you take insurance. You do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Is the index change in REKO as good as the original KO insurance index?
    KO IC .78, REKO IC .78 so KO is about comparable to REKO for insurance
    Last edited by Three; 06-23-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries

I ran a sim with the normal REKO insurance index and the KO index of +3. The comparison chart was so close you couldn't see the difference. So, I made a percentage chart. Green is normal REKO red is REKO with the KO index. The chart shows that at very poor penetration (3.5/6) the KO index had about a 2% lower SCORE. At very high penetration (5.5/6) KO was better by about 0.4%. The crossover was 46 cards behind the cut card. So, basically REKO's index works a tiny bit better at today's penetrations. But, there really isn't much difference.

Six decks, one player, S17/DAS, Ten billion rounds per sim.

reko3.png
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

You didn't say the number of decks being used but Wong in Professional BJ has the fractional insurance indices for various decks games for HILO as:
    SD: TC +1.4
    DD: TC +2.4
    6D: TC +3
    8D: TC +3.1
    I hope that helps.

I knew Norm would have a Sim ready quick.
    Like I said about comparable. I am not surprised REKO was the winner by a whisker.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I ran a sim with the normal REKO insurance index and the KO index of +3. The comparison chart was so close you couldn't see the difference. So, I made a percentage chart. Green is normal REKO red is REKO with the KO index. The chart shows that at very poor penetration (3.5/6) the KO index had about a 2% lower SCORE. At very high penetration (5.5/6) KO was better by about 0.4%. The crossover was 46 cards behind the cut card. So, basically REKO's index works a tiny bit better at today's penetrations. But, there really isn't much difference.

Six decks, one player, S17/DAS, Ten billion rounds per sim.

reko3.png
    Would it make a big difference if +2 insurance is used for 8 decks compare to six? Thank you for the simulation.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 06-23-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Indices generally have less effect with 8 decks.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse