Thread: Signal to noise ratio

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Signal to noise ratio

AP life on the road is tough -- one of the reasons that I have never advised anyone to join the life. It can also engender paranoia. Indeed, to some extent, paranoia is of value. To a larger extent, paranoia is damaging to relationships, your image, your effect on others, and ultimately on your own psyche and success. Those that enjoy long-term success, in this and other endeavors, learn how to deal with the day-to-day annoyances of people that are, frankly speaking, in the way.

Ill-mannered manifestations towards acquaintances or strangers that are the result of inabilities to handle such annoyances internally, merely drive other people away. At times, the needed degree of paranoia can be felt too strongly and drive one to lash out at perceived enemies or simply people they feel are somehow less pure in their AP creds.

Pardon the rant. Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by Norm; 04-22-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Noted

Nice Nate Silver reference by the way (intentional or not). Been meaning to get around to that book.

Blog Entries

Hah! Haven't read Nate Silver's book and was actually, obliquely, referring to the signal to noise ratio on forums and our attempts at improving such. But, I'll bet on most anything Nate recommends.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I was interested in reading an article on SNR.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    I was interested in reading an article on SNR.
    Just for you:

450px-Amplifier_Circuit_Small_svg.png

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Can't view it on HTTPS. Grrr
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

Should be able to. Just make sure you click Show all content with IE.