Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What was the side bet?

How much was the toke?

Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    What was the side bet?

How much was the toke?
    This game is called 21 + 3 with a 9-1 payoff. My toke bet is usually only 5, but I had a few white chips and the session was nearing an end and was wanting to be a nice guy so toke bet $8, she then asked me to move it on the silly side bet.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    This game is called 21 + 3 with a 9-1 payoff. My toke bet is usually only 5, but I had a few white chips and the session was nearing an end and was wanting to be a nice guy so toke bet $8, she then asked me to move it on the silly side bet.
    It actually gets worse, but didn't want to write a novel for my opening post. I pushed on a 4 unit wager that was doubled on last hand of the shoe. My girlfriend sat down as dealer was shuffling. Dealer was harping me to let her play. I hinted she's fine and I'm almost done for the day and continue talking to my girlfriend. Next thing I know she is dealing the cards and she took it upon herself to spread my last wager that was a push on two hands (how nice!). So here at the start of a shoe I have 8 units out spread between two hands and didn't realize this as I was distracted by my girlfriend yapping at me. Of course both hands lost. This was the ultimate tilt trigger after the side bet fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    It actually gets worse, but didn't want to write a novel for my opening post. I pushed on a 4 unit wager that was doubled on last hand of the shoe. My girlfriend sat down as dealer was shuffling. Dealer was harping me to let her play. I hinted she's fine and I'm almost done for the day and continue talking to my girlfriend. Next thing I know she is dealing the cards and she took it upon herself to spread my last wager that was a push on two hands (how nice!). So here at the start of a shoe I have 8 units out spread between two hands and didn't realize this as I was distracted by my girlfriend yapping at me. Of course both hands lost. This was the ultimate tilt trigger after the side bet fiasco.
    You are not ready to play BJ professionally or even semi-professionally. You were in shock and mourning for your departing big tips and not ready for the next shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    You are not ready to play BJ professionally or even semi-professionally. You were in shock and mourning for your departing big tips and not ready for the next shoe.
    No, I'm not, and that's why I'm playing a red chip game. I don't think all is lost though. I think with continued study of the game combined with some more live experience and some advice from you guys and I'll eventually get there.