See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL play-o-the-weak 2016

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    take the PATRIOTS -11 against the 49ers for today's play...no, this is not a reprint....just sit back and witness the best QB vs the worst, nuff said...of course, what will happen is the 49er will be +3 TO and win outright...lol

GOOD LUCK!

Sharky

Last week: 0-1
    Season: 4-8

the LA RAMS visit the Superdome today and they will not be able to score wit' dem' Ain'ts....who dat', take NEW ORLEANS -7.5 for this week's play

GOOD LUCK!

Sharky

Last week: 1-0
    Season: 5-8

the EAGLES visit Cinci and try to stay alive in the hunt....take Philly +1.5 for this week's play

Good luck

Sharky

last week: 1-0
    season: 6-8

Good call.

the SAINTS visit RJS to take on the Bucs....wrong team is favored here...take NEW ORLEANS +2.5 for this week's play

Good luck

Sharky

last week: 0-1
    season: 6-9

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Sharky. My first NFL pick this season is on Raiders - 3 at Even money in SD for $2200 Alex.
    dont like it....Raiders beat the saints, bucs, broncos, titans, ravens, jaguars, bills, texans, chargers (by 3 at Hole)...sort of who's who of unimpressive teams imo....tough to give pts on road...qb, by far, most significant factor and rivers is capable of beating anyone

if i'm betting road fav this week, it's miami

good luck, my friend

...10- 3 overall ....
    aggh...missed carolina...yet, another unimpressive team, imo

Banned or Suspended

While looking at some up-to-date NFL lines,
    I noticed that I like the 16 point 'dog tonight;
    but the "middle" looks best to (uninformed) me
    if I could get -105.

How much of a spread in points do you need
    in order to attempt to "middle" a game ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    How much of a spread in points do you need
    in order to attempt to "middle" a game ?
    There is no one quick easy answer for this. The new rules for extra points may be changing the point differential frequencies a little but you still need to figure out the sum of the frequency for the scores that make up the middle. A middle that includes 3, 6 and 7 point differentials has the benefit of the highest frequency point differentials falling in the middle. A 5 point middle that includes as a win point differential range of -2 to +2 is much weaker than a 5 point middle that includes +3 to +7 or -3 to -7. Then the range must also be weighted by the likely point differential for the 2 opponents as well as the vigorish to get both bets down. I would be cautious about a middle in a game with such a large line. The favorite is just trying to win not win by 2 TD's but could serious blow out the opponent in a rout far in excess of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    dont like it....Raiders beat the saints, bucs, broncos, titans, ravens, jaguars, bills, texans, chargers (by 3 at Hole)...sort of who's who of unimpressive teams imo....tough to give pts on road...qb, by far, most significant factor and rivers is capable of beating anyone

if i'm betting road fav this week, it's miami

good luck, my friend
    How could you not like Oakland on the road (down the street) against a division rival, in the heart of the AFC West race, vying for 2nd seed and a first round bye? After all that San Diego has lost in the last few weeks (injuries and eventually their head coach) I couldn't think of a bigger game for them to win. This one doesn't even stink of a "trap game" setup like in years past, I think the Chargers are about to get embarrassed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
    How could you not like Oakland on the road (down the street) ..
    Lol….that's some "street"...according to you…Steelers are just “down the road” from Titans…Eagles from Carolina….Dallas from Saints….Packers from Lions, etc….all ~500 miles…just “down the street”…lol…admit tingly….PCH is surely some road….taken it many times on my HOG

Fyi, I don’t like it b/c they haven’t beat (played) anyone…nary a playoff team…sans Titans/Texans by default…so, sure…can win by 20 for, yet, another unimpressive victory… Raiders have won a NUMBER of games late that could’ve gone either way…just not sold yet

Point is, if “the shield” had their dithers, every team would be 8-7/7-8 heading into final week…

The DOLPHINS visit the NY Jets tonight and are attempting to stay relevant…the JETS are not…take the fins’ -2.5 for this week’s play

Good Luck!

Sharky

Season: 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Lol….that's some "street"...according to you…Steelers are just “down the road” from Titans…Eagles from Carolina….Dallas from Saints….Packers from Lions, etc….all ~500 miles…just “down the street”…lol…admit tingly….PCH is surely some road….taken it many times on my HOG

Fyi, I don’t like it b/c they haven’t beat (played) anyone…nary a playoff team…sans Titans/Texans by default…so, sure…can win by 20 for, yet, another unimpressive victory… Raiders have won a NUMBER of games late that could’ve gone either way…just not sold yet

Point is, if “the shield” had their dithers, every team would be 8-7/7-8 heading into final week…

The DOLPHINS visit the NY Jets tonight and are attempting to stay relevant…the JETS are not…take the fins’ -2.5 for this week’s play

Good Luck!

Sharky

Season: 6-10
    There are only 7 teams in the NFL with a better Strength of Victory than those Raiders, and one tie (Pittsburgh). Two of those teams happen to be Division Rivals, KC and SD. In large part, due to the strength of the AFC West teams, which are all playoff caliber, with perhaps the lone exception being San Diego, who they'll be traveling to.

Also, I make the reference for DOWN the street specifically, Sharky, because of the well known "voodoo" of West Coast teams traveling East, for which the Raiders will not be doing when they visit San Diego. Not because its a short drive. I expected you to pickup what I was putting down with that one, my apologies.

If Washington loses to Carolina does New York Giants clinch playoff spot?
    No

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast