See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Children in cars while papa is gambling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I am not a nanny state type person. I think people should be free to make their own decisions about family and other things. To many people think everyone is to stupid to decide what is best for them so they have the state making all their important decisions. This may be a case in point. But I see the state making far more stupid decisions for people than the average person makes. Laws that limit how stupid you are allowed to be are in place and affect those that can do things that are stupid for others but not them. I guess you are in the camp of people are too stupid to be allowed to be free so the state must regulate every aspect of their lives. In my opinion this type of thought is the end of freedom.

I used to ride waves in every big storm that came by. It was dangerous but I trained to do it and rode waves in hundreds of hurricanes, tropical storms and Noreasters. The life guards wanted me out there because I pretty much saved everyone that got swept out to sea. It would take a lifeguard far too long to get out to the drowning people. Then big brother decided it was too dangerous and wouldn't let me bodysurf anymore. I had to use a boogey board. After a decade or so they started saying you couldn't go in at all. Granted Joe average would be dead out there mostly because they would try to keep their head out of water all the time and panic. The panic would be what kills them. I would swim for 6 hours and go back to my house and eat some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for energy and go back out and swim until sunset. The only danger to me was the floating debris from the storm. Anyway most of the really wild stuff I did a long time ago they won't allow you to do anymore.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I am not a nanny state type person. I think people should be free to make their own decisions about family and other things. To many people think everyone is to stupid to decide what is best for them so they have the state making all their important decisions. This may be a case in point. But I see the state making far more stupid decisions for people than the average person makes. Laws that limit how stupid you are allowed to be are in place and affect those that can do things that are stupid for others but not them. I guess you are in the camp of people are too stupid to be allowed to be free so the state must regulate every aspect of their lives. In my opinion this type of thought is the end of freedom.

I used to ride waves in every big storm that came by. It was dangerous but I trained to do it and rode waves in hundreds of hurricanes, tropical storms and Noreasters. The life guards wanted me out there because I pretty much saved everyone that got swept out to sea. It would take a lifeguard far too long to get out to the drowning people. Then big brother decided it was too dangerous and wouldn't let me bodysurf anymore. I had to use a boogey board. After a decade or so they started saying you couldn't go in at all. Granted Joe average would be dead out there mostly because they would try to keep their head out of water all the time and panic. The panic would be what kills them. I would swim for 6 hours and go back to my house and eat some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for energy and go back out and swim until sunset. The only danger to me was the floating debris from the storm. Anyway most of the really wild stuff I did a long time ago they won't allow you to do anymore.
    Everyone, for themselves alone, are entitled to take their foot, shove it down their own throats and have it come out their ass. I believe you have achieved that here. Mazel Tov.

What people are not entitled ethically to do, is to expose a child to the joys of back seat babysitting, while they are off for hours gambling. The fact that the mother is with their child is not a mitigating factor.

I think it would be an idea for you not to get me started on this.