See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Hitting Hard 17 and Heat

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There is a bit of a "catch 22" situation on this, but hands such as 17vs7, 17vsT, 17vsA, if you had around TC-10 along with a huge amount of (5-9) removed, for me it would look something like 0-16-14 @1.5 to hit hard 17vsT. In a 6D game, I would have wonged out long before hitting this point. In a DD game play all scenario, the chances of seeing this sort of deck composition is slim, along the lines of how often you see the index for doubling 12vs6. On top of all that, if you are using Hi-Lo or similar, how do you determine (5-9) removed? You don't. This is off the top of my head, so I'd have to look this up, but I can't see how you could have an accurate index for this using Hi-Lo or similar. You can calculate any tricky and unusual composition dependent index you want, but what good is it unless you can employ it at the table, the practical application factor? It's also something that could bring you a lot of scrutiny. I should add these indices for hitting hard 17 will have little or no impact on your bottom line.

What might be more relevant is the surrender index for 17vsT if late surrender is offered, around +6,+7 range when you have a max bet out there. When I am flipping cards, playing a mock game on my blackjack table at home, it's always a play all situation, and I vary between picking every hand apart with a microscope, taking my time doing it and fast heads up, as fast as I can go. There's the rare WTF occasion in which I pause and consider something like hitting hard 17, not often enough to make any difference whether I did it or not since it's going to be a minimum bet out there and the lack of frequency of the situation occurring.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 01-28-2021 at 08:24 AM.