See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blackjack Bankroll Recommendation Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sorry, but even heads up that's only 60-80 hands an hour isn't it? Where do you get 100 from if there are 3-4 other players at the table??? That makes no sense....

60 hands per hour is only one hand per minute (1 every 60 seconds) and 80 hands per hour is one every 45 seconds. 100 hands per hour is one hand every 36 seconds. You would have to be playing extremely slowly to get rates this low when heads up. 100 hands per hour is a commonly used benchmark rate for average conditions, but may not be realistic for all conditions.

You should use whatever rate of hands per hour you're actually getting.

Gronbog,

While your basic math skills impresses me (end sarcasm here), you are obviously forgetting to account for the time it takes to hand shuffle a 6-deck shoe several times within an hour, get up, walk around go to bathroom, etc. Also I play with 3-4 people and also, so other people take time to make decisions and not everyone plays as perfect and fast as me (although I wish people didn't think so long on such basic moves!!)... But I dont think I get 60-80 hands per hour!!

No offense taken (no sarcasm here). That's why I suggested that you use the actual number of hands per hour that you achieve. This is also why no one could answer your question directly, since you expressed your original question in terms of hours, not hands.

I think something is wrong because from I what heard before, 30x my average bet should be good 90% of the time in a 4-hour shoe and I've seen *countless* players come to the table with even $500 betting only $25-$50 and most of the time they never go bust!

Now, another question people: Where can I see the math that shows me that approximately 90% of the time, one will be ahead at least 10% of their bankroll? Example: I bring $1000 to the table and play $50-75 a hand. I read before that ~92% of the time we will be up at least 10% of that initial $1K..... do you know what I'm talking about? I hope so.
    TIA

It seems that you've read and heard many things and are seeking confirmation. That is a good thing because there is a lot of misinformation out there. However you also seem to have already decided that what you have read and heard is correct.

Your sources, which you do not name, have provided you with some very specific statistical values. Did they not also show you how those numbers were derived? If not, that should be the first red flag.

You may have seen many players survive for hours with an inadequate bankroll, but your personal experience can not have provided enough samples to establish a statistical conclusion. The risk calculator that you were referred to is based on the correct math. You can choose to believe in its output or in what you have "heard" elsewhere.

As for your new question - I dont think that anyone can show you any math or research to back up that assertion, because I seriously doubt that it's true. Once again, the source where you read this would have backed up their conclusions if it was reputable.

Gronbog... a 10% profit is not much....

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    Gronbog... a 10% profit is not much....
    10% profit in respect to what? Advantage? Expectation (that is, the difference between buy in and cash out?)

Expectation! CTFO.... lets get real people.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    why do you guys waste your time . because you guys have too much of it. i am here because i am limited from travel / play ATM . Go out and make Ev instead of being here wasting time ,IF YOU CAN THAT IS.

OMG.

Zeebabar had a son.

I spend a lot of time establishing equity options positions.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'm sorry but you're talking nonsense, and if you keep playing will eventually lose.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast