Thread: Backed-off for the first time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinHood21 View Post
    Great post T3... I'd be interested in hearing some players deviations from index plays and what works best for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Basic strategy trumps the ploppy
    Index play trumps basic
    Additional info trumps index plays.
    Trump trumps Trump

Index plays are meant, depending on situation, to increase winnings, or decrease losses. Here is an extreme additional information play (never happened)

Your the last to play before dealer with 2 16's opposite dealer 8. You're playing halves with a running count of minus 3 with exactly 3 cards before end of deck (no cut card, but there is a burn card). Just to add flavour, your bets are max. What are your next 2 successive plays and why? Second decision is dependant. This should be interesting.
    Last edited by Freightman; 02-18-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Failed to specify minus 3. Corrects the conditions upon which to make your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Basic strategy trumps the ploppy
    Index play trumps basic
    Additional info trumps index plays.
    Trump trumps Trump

Index plays are meant, depending on situation, to increase winnings, or decrease losses. Here is an extreme additional information play (never happened)

Your the last to play before dealer with 2 16's opposite dealer 8. You're playing halves with a running count of minus 3 with exactly 3 cards before end of deck (no cut card, but there is a burn card). Just to add flavour, your bets are max. What are your next 2 successive plays and why? Second decision is dependant. This should be interesting.
    Pity, no takers.

"Your [You're] the last to play before dealer with 2 16's opposite dealer 8. You're playing halves with a running count of minus 3 with exactly 3 cards before end of deck (no cut card, but there is a burn card). Just to add flavour, your bets are max. What are your next 2 successive plays and why? Second decision is dependant [dependent]. This should be interesting.

Distracted by the misspellings. Hey, you started this! :-)

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "Your [You're] the last to play before dealer with 2 16's opposite dealer 8. You're playing halves with a running count of minus 3 with exactly 3 cards before end of deck (no cut card, but there is a burn card). Just to add flavour, your bets are max. What are your next 2 successive plays and why? Second decision is dependant [dependent]. This should be interesting.

Distracted by the misspellings. Hey, you started this! :-)

Don
    I'll give myself a scratch, and all will be well. Meanwhile, I just got home after a gruelling 4-5 hours in the trenches of business - and I need a well deserved nap. Oh, that 4-5 hours included lunch!

I'll solve the puzzle later.