See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Playing basic strategy on 7 spots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Assuming Don's number is accurate (which shouldn't be an assumption), I believe your ROR would be 44.68% with a $60k bankroll..... 0.01^(1/(343000/60000))
    Yes, 44.68% is right.

By the way, when you wrote, "which shouldn't be an assumption," did you mean "which we should just accept as a fact" or "we really shouldn't just assume he's right"? :-)

Don

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Yes, 44.68% is right.

By the way, when you wrote, "which shouldn't be an assumption," did you mean "which we should just accept as a fact" or "we really shouldn't just assume he's right"? :-)

Don
    Actually, I was going to write we should accept as fact, but I figured that was too wordy and mumbly-like.

But I also meant it like, "If the figure he gave is exact....", meaning I doubt the figure you calculated is exactly $343,000.00 for exactly 1.00% ROR. If that number is rounded, then certainly my answer is not going to be correct. In this case it's not significantly off, if the 1.0% was (were?) changed to 0.9% and the $343k changed to $344k, then the $60k ROR becomes 43.97% (about 0.9% lower than the 44.68%). I didn't check it before, but when you start taking ~5'th roots of numbers (x^0.2), a small change can dramatically affect(?) the result. But now we're a bit off topic.

But I do appreciate the confirmation "my" math is correct.

My thoughts on the game itself --

Personally, I wouldn't want to be playing a game that requires ~3,500 units to play, with high variance and low EV (comparing them all to each other). There comes a point where it's simply not worth it to play, which is going to be different for everyone. But my feeling is you can get more value simply by scouting where you can find a stronger play.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]