See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Learning about side counts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I woke up with a hard-on and a blowie.

It's actually a great thing to wonder about, that quote, might open your mind a little more.

I love how I'm getting all these negative ratings for pointing out A. I can't SEE any EVIDENCE of anything accused by you and so there's that whole perception issue you mentioned Norm, and B. I'm asking for open discussion (meaning I'd be able to SEE the posts you reference that are disappeared) by mature people and the allowance of free thought, that's all, and I get negative ratings for that!!

I have given you a fair amount of inspired content especially when it comes to starting threads that people care about. You don't acknowledge any of the positives in me but I'm going to be a bigger man and let you know that, trust me, I get that I could never know what it is you do, really, because it's a complex situation. You are good at being succinct in the face of a lot of BS. Your book is a pretty amazing free resource. I thank you for your time and effort even if your reward is sometimes an insult...

So there ya go, I'm not some kind of evil person sent by the anti-zionists to infiltrate your site with hate speech. I am simply a person trying to figure out why it is that someone I respect for his contributions to this site can be summarily pissed away and much of his posts memory-holed out of sight to the degree you thought acceptable, and since there is nothing in the way of proof of further rule-breaking harassment after his 5-day was over I'm simply calling it as I see it and saying that it seems to smack of lack of principle from an outsiders view. Go ahead and say all this is unhelpful too, I could give a rat's. I know what I bring to the table even if others want to dismiss it as quickly as they can not think about it.

I am here on the principle of free thought within the bounds of your supposedly simple site rules. If my brother cannot say what he pleases within those bounds and there's suddenly a new violation of "trolling" (I didn't know that was a rule!!! I was repeatedly barked at that the rules were SIMPLE!) for a person who's made over a 1000 posts about anything and everything then that means eventually the same will be true for others and for me. I want to ensure this is a free forum and not a petty empire.
    Congrats on your schtikle and zagel this morning. Perhaps you can further enlighten us, utilizing your free speech prerogatives, with a stroke by stroke description.
    Issues revolving around free speech pertain to your ability to voice your displeasure against government policy, interference etc. Issues revolving around free speech as they pertain to your interaction with individuals are subject to law. Food for thought.

Should be worth another neg.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Freighter remember the Seinfield episode where Kramer was 86ed from the deli? Hil- friggin- arious. I can't post from my phone. But I'm starting to hear the tune from TG,TB, and TU.
    Who are Tg tb tu. Post the 86 when y get home. Should be entertaining.

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Norm never gets mad, he just throws back his poncho and glares under his widebrimmed hat. His mule gets a little upset though. Not a good thing when that happens.
    Well then, someone needs to apologize to the mule.

Blog Entries

For the fun of it, I spent a couple minutes thinking of all the forums that I’ve seen discussing AP blackjack (not counting the hundreds of non-AP sites). I’m sure I missed some, but came up with 26, counting several private sites. Nearly all are dead or moribund.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I love how I'm getting all these negative ratings for pointing out A.
    They aren't negative ratings. They are "not helpful" ratings. Think about it. A wise man once said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Last edited by Three; 07-11-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Let this thread die once and for all

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ok guys. Enjoy the punishment of a single man who has opinions. There will be rotten fruit.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You say that ALL you can't post is politics, religion, or personal attacks but that is a lie.
    Last edited by Villiam; 07-13-2016 at 03:03 AM.

You say that ALL you can't post is politics, religion, or personal attacks but that is a lie.
    Most here have been here since the start of the forum. We know, if anything, Norm is far to lenient about enforcing the guidelines. Some people just have to push the limits further and further until they get banned. I tend to warn them they are heading for a banning but only some heed the warning and learn to post within guidelines. Many say I am petitioning for a banning but the truth is I am trying to help them to keep from being banned. This latter type shows an attitude toward the guidelines that all but guarantees a banning. Boz was such a poster, on each chance he got. He ruined second chances for everyone else. You should be ashamed to align yourself with such a selfish and disruptive type. Perhaps you are of the same ilk. You have been quite disruptive but so far no egregious posting guidelines violations that I have seen. You have certainly approached the boundary though.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Most here have been here since the start of the forum. We know, if anything, Norm is far to lenient about enforcing the guidelines. Some people just have to push the limits further and further until they get banned. I tend to warn them they are heading for a banning but only some heed the warning and learn to post within guidelines. Many say I am petitioning for a banning but the truth is I am trying to help them to keep from being banned. This latter type shows an attitude toward the guidelines that all but guarantees a banning. Boz was such a poster, on each chance he got. He ruined second chances for everyone else. You should be ashamed to align yourself with such a selfish and disruptive type. Perhaps you are of the same ilk. You have been quite disruptive but so far no egregious posting guidelines violations that I have seen. You have certainly approached the boundary though.
    Everyone seems to be purposely ignoring the point, T3. See, this is all just relativist talk from you. He says there are 3 rules. That's it. I pointed out that Boz somehow instantly violated a FOURTH MYSTERY RULE when no one was around to see it and thus he had to be perma-banned. This smacks of the type of fascism I had already accused him of and until he is willing to address his ACTIONS, nothing else should be up for discussion, certainly not me "approaching the boundary" of whatever can or can't be said at any moment on here. He has the nerve to say I've made a false accusation without saying what it is. What false accusation did I make? I stated that it was my opinion that his story was just a story, that there was no evidence of said trolling admitted. SO, again, two complaints: a rule violation that wasn't ever a rule and erasing (or maybe it never existed!) evidence of said rule-breaking. I've since been able to talk to Boz and verify that he posted a grand total of TWO posts--this was deemed just too much for his foray back into the world of free conversation and he was banned for trolling.

This isn't rocket science. I've noticed only sycophants want to defend this violation of what it is to be a MODERATOR and I've noticed that MANY ARE VERY VERY QUIET ALL THE SUDDEN, including the accused, who STILL refuses to address my said false accusation. This is the telltale tell of a man caught in a lie and this is the parade of emperors new clothes supporters with anything to say, unless of course it addresses my point... (Kinda reminds me of so many threads I started!)

The fact is, you don't really deserve this "forum" bc it is not a place of free thought. It didn't take long (almost a week now of no real response to my concerns and if anything blaming me for things I'm not doing as well as ponderous stories of how crappy his self-imposed moderator's life is) for me to look into this man and validate my opinions as well as see that similar things have happened to others from a paranoia that seems to know no bounds at times. So, whatever, say I'm unhelpful if you like. My job here is to point out injustice and clearly state that the results of these injustices will continue to extend systemically to everyone in this little thought prison. It's nice that we have a narrow confine for discussion of BJ but the cost of free thought is too great and as a "newbie" I can categorically say that many will be sent down the wrrrrrrong road by the type of closed and tethered thread discussions going on. (LoneWOlf, maybe you should pay attention here instead of asking for this thread to die.)

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Everyone seems to be purposely ignoring the point, T3. See, this is all just relativist talk from you. He says there are 3 rules. That's it. I pointed out that Boz somehow instantly violated a FOURTH MYSTERY RULE when no one was around to see it and thus he had to be perma-banned. This smacks of the type of fascism I had already accused him of and until he is willing to address his ACTIONS, nothing else should be up for discussion, certainly not me "approaching the boundary" of whatever can or can't be said at any moment on here. He has the nerve to say I've made a false accusation without saying what it is. What false accusation did I make? I stated that it was my opinion that his story was just a story, that there was no evidence of said trolling admitted. SO, again, two complaints: a rule violation that wasn't ever a rule and erasing (or maybe it never existed!) evidence of said rule-breaking. I've since been able to talk to Boz and verify that he posted a grand total of TWO posts--this was deemed just too much for his foray back into the world of free conversation and he was banned for trolling.

This isn't rocket science. I've noticed only sycophants want to defend this violation of what it is to be a MODERATOR and I've noticed that MANY ARE VERY VERY QUIET ALL THE SUDDEN, including the accused, who STILL refuses to address my said false accusation. This is the telltale tell of a man caught in a lie and this is the parade of emperors new clothes supporters with anything to say, unless of course it addresses my point... (Kinda reminds me of so many threads I started!)

The fact is, you don't really deserve this "forum" bc it is not a place of free thought. It didn't take long (almost a week now of no real response to my concerns and if anything blaming me for things I'm not doing as well as ponderous stories of how crappy his self-imposed moderator's life is) for me to look into this man and validate my opinions as well as see that similar things have happened to others from a paranoia that seems to know no bounds at times. So, whatever, say I'm unhelpful if you like. My job here is to point out injustice and clearly state that the results of these injustices will continue to extend systemically to everyone in this little thought prison. It's nice that we have a narrow confine for discussion of BJ but the cost of free thought is too great and as a "newbie" I can categorically say that many will be sent down the wrrrrrrong road by the type of closed and tethered thread discussions going on. (LoneWOlf, maybe you should pay attention here instead of asking for this thread to die.)

You should consider the strong possibility of individuals getting tired of responding to you.

What is a plantain?

Is it not a banana - must have missed your point.

What is a plantain?
    Should have also suggested that our friend has an active alter ego.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast