See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: MGP's BJCA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ericfarmer View Post
    First, hopefully we can agree that the overall CDZ- expected value of splitting 2-2 vs. 6 is 0.1189818683947885 (as a fraction of initial wager). This can be confirmed by any of the accessible CA's (e.g., mine, MGP's, or k_c's).
    Both BJA3 and bjstrat (KC) give 0.1259. What am I missing??

Don

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What you are missing is that Eric is using CDZ- as strategy for split hands. CDZ- means strategy for split hands is determined prior to splitting by duplicating the strategy of non-split hands. My program has this option for a full shoe whereas Eric's can use this strategy for any shoe composition. In order to choose this option for a full shoe in my program you need to select 'Basic strat' under 'Compute mode' and 'Pre-split' under 'Depleted shoe split strat'. My program uses this as an option to compute basic strategy EVs for a depleted shoe. The default of my program is to use the optimal strategy of the first split hand and for a full shoe split EV for 2-2 v 6 s17 nDAS is more optimal using this strategy instead of using the strategy determined by pre-spilt hands.

It might sound complicated but it's simply a difference in the fixed strategy that is used for splitting.

k_c