Thread: $25 3:2 vs. $10 6:5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Few things.....

-$10 6:5 games likely move slower than $25 3:2 games.
    -Betting $10 instead of $25 means you'll have less variance. Losing 20 bets means losing $200, not $500. Or rather, if you have a $300 budget, you can either have 30 bets or 12 bets.
    -6:5 games may be more entertaining for the recreational gambler, if it's in a party pit or table is full of party-people having fun & drinking it up. Everyone cheers loudly on wins, dealer's got some big tits, etc.
    -You can't just assume someone will be playing with proper BS, so therefore the edge they're going up against isn't 0.5% for 3:2 nor 1.9% (or whatever it is for 6:5)....it's dependent on the player's skill. They're likely fighting with a 2.5% disadvantage on 3:2 and a 4% disadvantage on 6:5 (I don't know how much the average player gives up, might be an extra 0.5% or an extra 5%, don't know--don't care). Doing the math again:

$25 * 100 * 0.025 = $62.50/hour for 3:2.
    $10 * 100 * 0.04 = $40 for 6:5.

So for those players who want to have a good time and drink, save their money or make their budget last longer, I'd say the $10 6:5 table is better than $25 3:2 tables. I haven't seen the thread OP is referring to, but I'd say the people arguing for 6:5 tables are correct, although, perhaps not for the right reason (a broken clock is right twice a day).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Few things.....

-$10 6:5 games likely move slower than $25 3:2 games.
    -Betting $10 instead of $25 means you'll have less variance. Losing 20 bets means losing $200, not $500. Or rather, if you have a $300 budget, you can either have 30 bets or 12 bets.
    -6:5 games may be more entertaining for the recreational gambler, if it's in a party pit or table is full of party-people having fun & drinking it up. Everyone cheers loudly on wins, dealer's got some big tits, etc.
    -You can't just assume someone will be playing with proper BS, so therefore the edge they're going up against isn't 0.5% for 3:2 nor 1.9% (or whatever it is for 6:5)....it's dependent on the player's skill. They're likely fighting with a 2.5% disadvantage on 3:2 and a 4% disadvantage on 6:5 (I don't know how much the average player gives up, might be an extra 0.5% or an extra 5%, don't know--don't care). Doing the math again:

$25 * 100 * 0.025 = $62.50/hour for 3:2.
    $10 * 100 * 0.04 = $40 for 6:5.

So for those players who want to have a good time and drink, save their money or make their budget last longer, I'd say the $10 6:5 table is better than $25 3:2 tables. I haven't seen the thread OP is referring to, but I'd say the people arguing for 6:5 tables are correct, although, perhaps not for the right reason (a broken clock is right twice a day).
    I think you're wrong. Why is the 6-5 game slower?

It's likely played from a CSM vs the 3-2 $25 game played from an ASM. Given that ploppies are doing whatever there doing regardless of table min, it would seem logical they would play more hph from the csm. If anything, I think the logical argument from your side of the table is that the $10 table is more crowded that the $25 table.

The average flat betting low spread ploppy will tend to play until they've busted out their entertainment bankroll. They're going to lose it anyways. What 6-5 is doing is making them lose it more quickly. In other words, without knowing why, they haven't got their money's worth, because they got stripped faster.