Thread: KidDangerous: Don

KidDangerous

KidDangerous: Don

I was reading last night and realized that you bet according to the true count. I have been under the impression that I was to bet with the RC using the APM. Am I wrong? Or maybe you have insight as to how I could optimize my betting with the APM?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Don

> I was reading last night and realized that
    > you bet according to the true count. I have
    > been under the impression that I was to bet
    > with the RC using the APM. Am I wrong? Or
    > maybe you have insight as to how I could
    > optimize my betting with the APM?

The Advanced Plus-Minus system was sold privately by Revere for $25 and isn't in his book. I happen to have a copy of it that was given to me by a friend. In it, Revere advocates making the playing departures according to the true count but betting according to the runnig count, which is kind of silly. If you're going to take the trouble to compute the TC for strategy departures, then surely you should use it for betting as well.

The APM is a balanced count that counts the ace as zero and the 9 as -1. The rest of the values are the same as Hi-Lo. A simulator, such as CV, will give you optimal bet ramps according to the true count, depending on number of decks, pen, rules, and your spread.

Don

KidDangerous

KidDangerous: Re: Don

Thanks for the answer. Thats exactly why I had been betting by the RC is because when I ordered the system it said to do so. I like the idea of betting according to TC. Seems it would be more accurate.
    Do you think or know that he actually bet by the RC also? Or did he just put it that way in the packet,and he himself really bet by the TC.

Kid

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Don

> Thanks for the answer. Thats exactly why I
    > had been betting by the RC is because when I
    > ordered the system it said to do so. I like
    > the idea of betting according to TC. Seems
    > it would be more accurate.
    > Do you think or know that he actually bet by
    > the RC also? Or did he just put it that way
    > in the packet,and he himself really bet by
    > the TC.

I'm sure Revere bet by the true count. The RC advice was somewhat simplified for the booklets. Nonetheless, it was from a similar booklet that he sold for the RPC, multi-deck, that I got the notion for the Floating Advantage article (see BJA3, p. 68, Part I, first paragraph).

Don

KidDangerous

KidDangerous: Re: Don

Yes, I remember reading that part where you found the hint of the information in the Revere package. I reread the whole chapter. All this kind of info is new to me. The only thing I ever knew before was my count and my indices. Last night after reading the chapter on Floating Advantage again, I studied SD. That was quite interesting. It's nice to be able to use a formula and come up with an expected range.
    Thanks Again!

Kid