Thread: Bettie: What do you all think?

Bettie

Bettie: What do you all think?

Are you people sleeping, or what? The most complete book on blackjack has just been delivered to your doorsteps, and no one has even mentioned the new Chapter 10 tables, our new appendices, or the new chapter on team play.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the forums aren't full of these topics - or maybe you're all still absorbing the new material! Heck, maybe you think that the book is just too damn good-looking to open! Or, maybe you all are just putting these limited editions on your bookshelf and waiting for the softcover to really get into it.

What's up?

Bettie

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: What do you all think?

For me -probably still absorbing.

I do wish the softcover was out as I have mine in my briefcase and I am hoping it dosen't get screwed up in there.

Your buddy T-Man asked for a 'book review' elsewhere. Parker responded eloquently. Of course, I responded as well.

I think BJA is to blackjack as a factory repair manual is to car repair. For me it's not as fun to read as the life and times of Sterling Moss. But the Sterling Moss book won't help me win any races either. Get the picture?

Comments generated from this text -at least for me -come slow and painfully.

But I love the book!

Ouchez

Ouchez: Briefcase?? I am impressed, Esquire. :) *NM*

otto21

otto21: Re: What do you all think?

Waiting for the softcover. When will it be out?

> Are you people sleeping, or what? The most
    > complete book on blackjack has just been
    > delivered to your doorsteps, and no one has
    > even mentioned the new Chapter 10 tables,
    > our new appendices, or the new chapter on
    > team play.

> Frankly, I'm surprised that the forums
    > aren't full of these topics - or maybe
    > you're all still absorbing the new material!
    > Heck, maybe you think that the book is just
    > too damn good-looking to open! Or, maybe
    > you all are just putting these limited
    > editions on your bookshelf and waiting for
    > the softcover to really get into it.

> What's up?

> Bettie

MM

MM: haven't got it yet but can't wait *NM*

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Briefcase? Of course; please call me 'Sir' :) *NM*

AdvantageRay

AdvantageRay: It is an excellent book...

..a part of me doesnt want to "break" it..haha
    the new charts are fantastic, the basic strategy charts by cacarulo are amazing in that they are giving me a different way to view basic strategy...the presentation is excellent...all in all I love the book but will probably wait for the paperback before really digging into it (I tend to eat when I read BJ books, and it would pain me to spill a big glob of spaghetti sauce right over the Don signature or something..yes I am a bit of a collector)

D

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: Thanks for your comments! *NM*

Bettie

Bettie: Re: It is an excellent book...

Well, I am very relieved to hear that the lack of commentary has been based more on appreciation for the huge amount of work we put into it than anything else. And if it's not, well then... la, la, la, la! I can't hear you!

Thanks much,
    Bettie

Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll: Re: It is an excellent book...

Good book, it touches aspect found nowhere else and this was well worth my money.

However I would like to understand the risk of ruins formulas where can I find information on that ?

> Well, I am very relieved to hear that the
    > lack of commentary has been based more on
    > appreciation for the huge amount of work we
    > put into it than anything else. And if it's
    > not, well then... la, la, la, la! I can't
    > hear you!

> Thanks much,
    > Bettie

Jack Fate

Jack Fate: Re: What do you all think?

Impressive book in all respects.Both in construction and content. I see no reason for folks to wait for the paperback. You will be in and out of this book so much I'm sure the paperback will soon fall apart. I admit I've never been much of a math guy beyond the basics but I can tell you already this will cause me to turn the corner.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: It is an excellent book...

> However I would like to understand the risk
    > of ruins formulas where can I find
    > information on that ?

I'm sorry that I didn't include the sources in the book. I'll try to find them for you.

Don