Thread: HOLLYWOOD: A classic case of Standard Deviation

HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD: A classic case of Standard Deviation

We have all experienced swings of an uncanny nature. But, here is the biggest one that I ever had.

The other night a 220 unit loss that took place at 6 different tables was reversed to a 92 unit win.

Now here is the scary part.

The 220 happened when sitting at the various tables with good to excellent PEN.

When the reversal came it happened in the strangest way posible.

I sit at a table where the dealer cuts 2 full decks off a 6 deck game. So I flat bet and wait for my moment. This comes very late in the shoe while the count was excellent. However, I never felt confident because of the pen level. But, as it turned out right near the end of the shoe I hit a max bet.

That being said, naturally I leave it up there at the thought of being busted.

So I have a new shoe with a terrible pen again with my max bet still on the table which is what I assume will be one or two hands.

I go on to win 14 hands in a row with a count that was climbing so high (against me) that I would have normally went and sat in the restroom. And these wins were accompanied by many doubles and 3 blackjacks.

What did the Don say, "it tests your soul" well let me tell you, that one tested my ________.

Just thought i'd share it

Hollywood

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: A classic case of Standard Deviation

Wild run.

> That being said, naturally I leave it up
    > there at the thought of being busted.

With a shoe, if I'm stuck with a high bet out at the shuffle, I'll usually move to another table. Not an unnatural move for an impatient gambler. If I want to stay, I'll pull back the bet, fiddle with my chips a bit, and make a two unit bet. A max bet at the start of a shoe is expensive.

Hollywood

Hollywood: Yes Norm, expensive,

> Wild run.

> With a shoe, if I'm stuck with a high bet
    > out at the shuffle, I'll usually move to
    > another table. Not an unnatural move for an
    > impatient gambler. If I want to stay, I'll
    > pull back the bet, fiddle with my chips a
    > bit, and make a two unit bet. A max bet at
    > the start of a shoe is expensive.

but excellent cover.