Thread: Coug Fan: Vegas to Phoenix?

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: Vegas to Phoenix?

I need to be in Phoenix for one day mid-week in November. I am thinking of taking a couple days off and linking this trip up with a long weekend in Vegas.

Question for people familiar with the area - how is the drive between Phoenix and Vegas? Alternatively, are there cheap flights available?

Wolverine

Wolverine: Re: Vegas to Phoenix?

> Question for people familiar with the area - how is
    > the drive between Phoenix and Vegas? Alternatively,
    > are there cheap flights available?

The drive is approximately 5 to 6 hours depending on your speed and where in Phoenix you leave from and what part of Vegas you are heading toward. Upon leaving PHX Metro area, you are on 2-lane highway most of the way to Kingman. Then it is 4-lane past Laughlin. 2-lane again through Searchlight and then they widen back to 4-lane up to Henderson.

The drive is rather boring, with only some minor towns and a few bigger cities to go through (Kingman, AZ for example). Gassing up in PHX or LV would be encouraged. Gas prices are highly variable from the metro areas, but the truck stops along I-40 before Kingman seem to offer the consistently best prices compared to other stations. I would encourage you to use 168 through Laughlin and then through Searchlight rather than going over the Boulder Dam.

The flights can be quite cheap if you have no preference and prefer to spend your time enjoying Vegas rather than driving. Southwest is almost always below $100 and you can sometimes find $69 flights if you look hard enough and wait until a fare sale. Since you speak of November, you will have plenty of time to search for flights. America West also has many flights up to LAS from PHX.

Hope that helped. Any other questions, just ask.

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: Thank You

Thanks for the information. I can expense a round trip ticket to Phoenix, so I will probably need to fly in and out of that location, and I would really like to have a rental car while I am in Vegas. So, I may just fly into Phoenix on Saturday morning, drive to Vegas (sounds like 6 hours, so I will get into Vegas sometime in the afternoon), then drive back down to Phoenix on Monday evening, do the presentation on Tuesday and go home. This should work, I think, and will allow about two full days at the tables.

Then again, I may just scrap this plan and go down to Vegas a different weekend. Tickets are not that pricey. It just seems like a shame to be that close to Vegas and not stop by.

Wolverine

Wolverine: Your welcome *NM*

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: No, YOU'RE Welcome! :-) *NM*

Wolverine

Wolverine: You ARE welcome! :-)

Thanks for the reminder that proper spelling and grammar are required here. :-) It does make the site nicer to read. I'm quitting while I have two strikes against me today (the misquote and the grammar boo boo). I don't want to strike out!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: You ARE welcome! :-)

> Thanks for the reminder that proper spelling and
    > grammar are required here. :-) It does make the site
    > nicer to read. I'm quitting while I have two strikes
    > against me today (the misquote and the grammar boo
    > boo). I don't want to strike out!

Ha! Thanks for being a good sport. I would say that, by a HUGE margin, the two most common misspellings that I see on the Internet are "your" for "you're" and "it's" for "its."

By the way, you can read about them in "Don's Dictums," in the frame to the left.

Don

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: What about "loose"

> Ha! Thanks for being a good sport. I would say that,
    > by a HUGE margin, the two most common misspellings
    > that I see on the Internet are "your" for
    > "you're" and "it's" for
    > "its."

For some reason that one really irritates me. I think alot of people actually believe that the opposite of win is "loose".

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: What about "loose"

> For some reason that one really irritates me. I think
    > alot of people actually believe that the opposite of
    > win is "loose".

Yes, this is a close third. In fact, I have never seen MathProf spell "lose" any other way except "loose"! :-) This, of course, can be explained by the unfortunate rhyming of "lose" and "choose." The English language can be a bitch sometimes.

By the way, "a lot" must be on the list, too! :-)

Don