Ah, yes. Another fine example of why Vegas was a better value when the place was mobbed up instead of being policed by the boardrooms.

The Rolling Stones show that will be in Chicago in September will command a ticket price of $350 for the 'best seats.' I can't for the life of me imagine any kind of good seat for a stadium show. When did a bunch of middle-aged rockers start costing three times the price of an imaginative and magical show like 'O?' I have to admit that if you want to see something special in Las Vegas, you are going to pay a premium. The highest priced ticket on Broadway is still cheaper than half the productions you would want to see in Vegas.

It still costs a bundle to get a production up and running with the automation and computer controlled systems that are now in use. Of course, like blackjack, the farther one gets into the long run the more profitable the venture becomes. It is nothing to spend ten million on startup when it comes to a big musical show... but wouldn't it be nice if they would lower prices when the R&D is paid off and have the relative cost of production be more in line with margins? I guess I should just be happy that I can buy a computer for a tenth of what it used to cost since no other business offers this kind of rebate on long production runs.