Thread: Hoghead: DVD Player

Hoghead

Hoghead: DVD Player

My laptop can play DVD but doesn't have a TV OUT jack. Any way I can get around this so I can play DVD movie on the TV in my hotel roon????

Hoghead

Parker

Parker: The answer

> My laptop can play DVD but doesn't have a TV
    > OUT jack. Any way I can get around this so I
    > can play DVD movie on the TV in my hotel
    > roon????

What you need is a Margi DVD-To-Go PCMCIA card. This little gadget plugs into a PCMCIA slot and provides you with the TV out jack that you need. It also has audio outputs. In addition, it contains hardware DVD and audio decoders, so it does not hog your laptop's resources.

While it has been discontinued by the manufacturer (since most new laptops have TV-out jacks), it is still widely available. I have provided a link below to CDW, but you can do a Google or CNET search for "Margi DVD-To-Go" and probably find a better price.

I guess I'm a little slow. My laptop has a DVD player, and a TV-out jack. It never occurred to me that I could plug it into a hotel TV and watch DVD's on the TV screen.

Hoghead

Hoghead: Thanks Parker!! *NM*