Thread: Matt: a few questions...

Matt

Matt: a few questions...

1) are crowded tables any better/worse than a table with only a couple people, or heads up?
    2) i see the last card of the shoe, do i count it since i kno its not going to be in play?
    3) nobody's perfect, what do u guys do when u lose the count?
    4) trust me i'll think of more questions later...any help would be great

Parker

Parker: a few answers . . .

> 1) are crowded tables any better/worse than a table
    > with only a couple people, or heads up?

Assuming you're counting cards (or using some form of advantage play), the fewer players the better, and heads-up is ideal. This is because you will get more hands/hour and thus make more money in the long run. Of course, heads-up can be a very fast game, so you should be sure of your counting skills and mentally prepared for big swings when playing this way.

> 2) i see the last card of the shoe, do i count it
    > since i kno its not going to be in play?

Sure.

> 3) nobody's perfect, what do u guys do when u lose the
    > count?

I never lose the count.

Okay, almost never. :-)

After you'e been doing this a few years, you won't, either. However, in the mean time, it may happen once in a while. Obviously this is a sign that you need more practice.

If it happens, this might be a good time to take a "bathroom break." If that is not practical, simply flat-bet your minimum bet and play basic strategy until the shuffle. Do not take a guess at the count and continue counting/spreading.

> 4) trust me i'll think of more questions later...any
    > help would be great

This is the place - fire away!