Thread: newtobj: losing streak continues

newtobj

newtobj: losing streak continues

After several disastrous sessions, the losses are mounting. I have to implement a new strategy now, in an effort to minimize losses and slowly win back the money that I've lost. I now both respect and fear the tables. I am now going into a very conservative mode of play, where I will leave when I am ahead a decent amount, or leave before I achieve full session ROR. I also plan to take a week off, and then limit my play to once a week. Any advice on how to minimize losses on a losing day and stay in the black in the long run.

gambler

gambler: Re: losing streak continues

> After several disastrous sessions, the
    > losses are mounting. I have to implement a
    > new strategy now, in an effort to minimize
    > losses and slowly win back the money that
    > I've lost. I now both respect and fear the
    > tables. I am now going into a very
    > conservative mode of play, where I will
    > leave when I am ahead a decent amount, or
    > leave before I achieve full session ROR. I
    > also plan to take a week off, and then limit
    > my play to once a week. Any advice on how to
    > minimize losses on a losing day and stay in
    > the black in the long run.

Every AP has had the same feeling that you right now have. Losing 30-40 max bets is always possible, also in the short run. It seems, that it happens to me, when i play six decks, heads up. Three or four very quickly dealt shoes(8 minutes each), and a certain portion of the BR is gone. Ok, the opposite happens with the same probability. Leaving when ahead, and rebuilding the BR works sometimes. But it will happen, that you start the session with a loss, and these losses increase. Keep playing, think about resizing your bets, and good cards.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: losing streak continues

> I am now going into a very
    > leave before I achieve full session ROR.

Leaving while ahead does have certain psychologically benefits if when losing, you can't focus on the cards at hand and are instead thinking about the beats you've taken.

It's hard I know.

But don't start walking away from high counts because "time is up" or you are "ahead."

If you are sure you are playing good conditions, if you are sure you know BS, if you are sure you know your count system, if you are sure you are making only minimal mistakes, then trust the math, play correctly, re-size your bets, and KNOW that losing streaks come -and most times -go.

Good luck.

Mister M

Mister M: Re: losing streak continues

Take a few days off to 'clear your head'.
    Are you over-estimating advantage? Has the pen decreased without you realising? Are you betting the correct ammount of your BR?
    There are just so many variables.
    Respect standard deviation and most importantly it's not "who dares' that wins but one who checks and then re-checks.

cadillac

cadillac: Re: losing streak continues

> After several disastrous sessions, the
    > losses are mounting. I have to implement a
    > new strategy now, in an effort to minimize
    > losses and slowly win back the money that
    > I've lost. I now both respect and fear the
    > tables. I am now going into a very
    > leave before I achieve full session ROR. I
    > also plan to take a week off, and then limit
    > my play to once a week. Any advice on how to
    > minimize losses on a losing day and stay in
    > the black in the long run.
    alot of times i play in poor conditions just to be playing then later wonder why i'm losing so damned much. then i decide i need a "more powerful" count system.
    i have the choice of sd w/ ro6, dd w/ 50ish pen, and 6d w/ 1d pen. i play the sd almost exclusively, 6d when crowded and i really want to play. i stay away from dd w/ 50%pen.
    saturday nite i won my ass off for the first time in a while. it felt damned good. be patient.