Thread: kortnman: trackjack player expectation and RSO

kortnman

kortnman: trackjack player expectation and RSO

In trying to use the Trackjack's player expectation column, I'm trying to understand what's up with RSO (= Rider Splits Optional), which is said to add a .2% advantage. I found a discussion on another forum where someone explained

"It's only about 0.2% addition to EV when the front player (caller) is sacrificing everything. Otherwise it's much less. It certainly doesn't make the game +EV on its own."

So, if I follow that, the .2 +EV assumes you would have played wrong to begin with. If that's the case, I don't see the usefulness of throwing that into the overall "Player Expectation".

Thanks for any clues, esp. if you can confirm whether RSO is only better assuming you'd otherwise "play wrong", so to speak.

G Man

G Man: Re: trackjack player expectation and RSO

You have it wrong. This option means that "YOU", has the rider, have the option to put money on the table for a split or not follow the splitting play. This would be the case in a "defensive split" situation. Suppose you are dealt 8-8 vs 10. The seated player has to split, YOU DON'T HAVE. The correct use of this kind of play will get you the 0.2% additional basic advantage.

kortnman

kortnman: Re: trackjack player expectation and RSO

So if I understand that correctly the overall expected value figure combines EV for both the seated player and the rider. That makes my brain hurt.

G Man

G Man: Re: trackjack player expectation and RSO

> So if I understand that correctly the overall expected
    > value figure combines EV for both the seated player
    > and the rider. That makes my brain hurt.

No, absolutely not. The EV (with the added 0.2%) is for the rider. The seated player plays at the normal Ev of the game.

kortnman

kortnman: Re: trackjack player expectation and RSO

> No, absolutely not. The EV (with the added 0.2%) is
    > for the rider. The seated player plays at the normal
    > Ev of the game.

OK, I'm just saying Trackjack does combine these to get one "player expectation" number. I don't see how that makes sense, but I was looking for some justification for that.