Thread: westtex: Investment Strategys

westtex

westtex: Investment Strategys

Can anyone recommend any books or web sites for evaluating mutual funds.

Forgive me for posting off topic. I trust you opinions, and would like to avoid the Jerry Paterson and JSTAT types of the financial world.

I feel like the brokers are pushing products that will make them the most commission. I need to educate myself just don't know where to start.

Thanks

Westtex

PunkEye

PunkEye: Re: Investment Strategys

> Can anyone recommend any books or web sites for
    > evaluating mutual funds.

> Forgive me for posting off topic. I trust you
    > opinions, and would like to avoid the Jerry Paterson
    > and JSTAT types of the financial world.

> I feel like the brokers are pushing products that will
    > make them the most commission. I need to educate
    > myself just don't know where to start.

> Thanks

> Westtex

You won't get an edge playing the mutual funds game. Rather, go into the mortgage banking business; it is set up to legally rob the gullible and naive.

PunkEye

PunkEye: Re: Investment Strategys

Think I don't know what I am talking about? Take a look at this quote.

- J.P. Morgan circa 1913: "Capital must protect itself in every way... Debts must be collected and loans and mortgages foreclosed as soon as possible. When through a process of law the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and more easily governed by the strong arm of the law applied by the central power of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principle men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capitalism to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd.

jblaze

jblaze: Re: Investment Strategys

Yes, here is a great book about evaluating mutual funds: "Winning the Loser's Game", by Ellis.

Then, there's Taleb's "The Black Swan".

Both these books tell you the 'experts' don't know what they're doing. They aren't going to help you chose a mutual fund though - I think that's maybe what you're looking for. But if you read them, that won't be what you're looking for.

> Can anyone recommend any books or web sites for
    > evaluating mutual funds.

> Forgive me for posting off topic. I trust you
    > opinions, and would like to avoid the Jerry Paterson
    > and JSTAT types of the financial world.

> I feel like the brokers are pushing products that will
    > make them the most commission. I need to educate
    > myself just don't know where to start.

> Thanks

> Westtex