Thread: orster52: SP21 +5RC - Don

orster52

orster52: SP21 +5RC - Don

I don't see why to start a runnning count at -24 in 6D Spanish 21 games. The starting point is -.42%. So if a Hi-Lo player starts at 0, he will have an advantage of .23 at +6 off the top of a 6D, correct? So at +5 RC, the player will have a tiny advantage? If you start at -24 do you start upward betting at -19 RC? Perhaps the -24 is to conform with Kat Walker's new book? Many thanks.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: SP21 +5RC - Don

> I don't see why to start a runnning count at -24 in 6D
    > Spanish 21 games. The starting point is -.42%. So if a
    > Hi-Lo player starts at 0, he will have an advantage of
    > .23 at +6 off the top of a 6D, correct? So at +5 RC,
    > the player will have a tiny advantage? If you start at
    > -24 do you start upward betting at -19 RC? Perhaps the
    > -24 is to conform with Kat Walker's new book? Many
    > thanks.

The problem is in using a TC, which most Hi-Lo players do. Try NOT starting at -24 and true counting, and you will quickly see what the problem is.

Yes, Kat addresses this in the beginning of her book.

Don

orster52

orster52: Re: SP21 +5RC - Don

> The problem is in using a TC, which most Hi-Lo players
    > do. Try NOT starting at -24 and true counting, and you
    > will quickly see what the problem is.

> Yes, Kat addresses this in the beginning of her book.

> Don
    Thanks.
    I actually played sp21 for the first time yesterday, starting -24. It's a bit odd having to actually think about bets and plays after being on auto pilot for so many years at bj.
    The thing that struck me most was that nobody plays even close to correct basic strategy.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: SP21 +5RC - Don

> Thanks.
    > I actually played sp21 for the first time yesterday,
    > starting -24. It's a bit odd having to actually think
    > about bets and plays after being on auto pilot for so
    > many years at bj.
    > The thing that struck me most was that nobody plays
    > even close to correct basic strategy.

Exactly. That's the whole point of Kat's book -- that the pit thinks that only complete imbeciles play SP21 (which is mainly true!), and that, at least for now, pros at SP21 are able to get away with infinitely more than at regular BJ.

I just mailed her back the final proofread copy, and, hopefully, she'll be able to make all the corrections and offer the book before Xmas.

Don