Thread: dog 21: ques on BjA2 worlds greatest simulation

dog 21

dog 21: ques on BjA2 worlds greatest simulation

In the World's Greatest Blackjack Simulation, I know that the true counts in the charts are truncated. Does that mean that at exactly the true count listed it is showing the advantage and other stats at exactly that point? Example on page 260 table 10.121 at true count of 1 the EV %W/L is .51 Does that mean that at exactly true 1 the advantage is .51? If so then at true 1.5 the advantage would be somewhere between .51 and the true 2 value of 1.10? Thanx

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: ques on BjA2 worlds greatest simulation

With truncation, values at TC +1 mean the values for counts >=1 and <2. The values at exactly +1 have little meaning since so few hands hit the exact count.

> In the World's Greatest Blackjack Simulation, I know
    > that the true counts in the charts are truncated. Does
    > that mean that at exactly the true count listed it is
    > showing the advantage and other stats at exactly that
    > point? Example on page 260 table 10.121 at true count
    > of 1 the EV %W/L is .51 Does that mean that at exactly
    > true 1 the advantage is .51? If so then at true 1.5
    > the advantage would be somewhere between .51 and the
    > true 2 value of 1.10? Thanx

Blackjack Scams

dog 21

dog 21: Re: to Norm Wattenberger

yes, understand and agree. So the Ev %WL listed is the average of the sum of the true count values from True count 1 through 2. So approximately 1.5 true = approximately the EV %WL listed?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: to Norm Wattenberger

Assuming trucncation was used, EV is for the range +1 to +2. No, that would not mean approximately the same as exactly TC +1.5 as there are more hands at lower TCs than higher.

Brick

Brick: An eye opener.

There's virtually no advantage at a tc of 1 when trunication is used for sims. The sims assume an average weight of of betting between 1 and 1.99 which yields a small advantage that encourages betting, I was shocked to hear the news. I now wait for a tc of at least 1.5 to raise bets, especially in a hit 17 game. It's a risk adverse move that makes me happy.