Thread: w34p0n2m4n: BJ in Colorado

w34p0n2m4n

w34p0n2m4n: BJ in Colorado

I'm hoping someone who understands the theory better can help me with this.

I've been playing in Cripple Creek, Colorado. Where the min and max bet are $5. You can get more money out there with splits, DD and playing multiple hands, but you're pretty much restricted to flat betting.

Assuming I play perfect BS, have a perfect Hi-Opt I RC, a roughly accurate TC, where can I gain an advantage? It seems the only way is to "go to the bathroom" when the count drops into freezing territory and split everything in sight when the dealer has a bust-card. Hopefully I'm missing something.

Also, I've been having a hard time seeing a correlation between counts and wins/losses. When the count gets high/low should I play more passive/aggresive based on how likely the dealer is to bust or should I just play straight BS?

Thanks y'all

Parker

Parker: Re: BJ in Colorado

> I'm hoping someone who understands the
    > theory better can help me with this.

> I've been playing in Cripple Creek,
    > Colorado. Where the min and max bet are $5.
    > You can get more money out there with
    > splits, DD and playing multiple hands, but
    > you're pretty much restricted to flat
    > betting.

> Assuming I play perfect BS, have a perfect
    > Hi-Opt I RC, a roughly accurate TC, where
    > can I gain an advantage? It seems the only
    > way is to "go to the bathroom"
    > when the count drops into freezing territory
    > and split everything in sight when the
    > dealer has a bust-card. Hopefully I'm
    > missing something.

> Also, I've been having a hard time seeing a
    > correlation between counts and wins/losses.
    > When the count gets high/low should I play
    > more passive/aggresive based on how likely
    > the dealer is to bust or should I just play
    > straight BS?

Since you're counting, use indices. With Hi-Opt 1 and full indices, you should be able to pretty much overcome the house edge, depending on rules, # of decks, etc. Do not split/double unless basic strategy or the count calls for it.

Try to play at uncrowded tables so you can spread to 2 or more hands in positive counts.

If the game is single deck and you can spread to 3 hands in positive counts, and use full indice strategy variations, you would be playing at a decent positive expectation, although the actual monetary expectation would be something around minimum wage.