> If i were you,I'd start out with simming
> optimal bets with a set spread as a bench
> mark. Then you'll be at a 13.5% risk of ruin
> for both. If you're comfortable with this
> and max bet is an odd number,round it off.
> Then tweek to the desired conditions you
> would like to bet. I would bet table minimum
> in negative counts,thus increasing your bet
> spread. Look and evaluate results. Do the
> exact same with the other count system. Then
> you should be able to see which system works
> better under your conditions and not the
> computers conditions.

I let CVCX choose the bet min for this specific case, and I chose the spread based on what seems to be reasonable (I suppose we could argue about 6d spreads, I use 1-20 most of the time, have used 1-12 in the past, at at a $25 table I have used 1-8 or so).

But what I really want to know is that for the spread I have decided is "playable" by me (namely 5-40 or 5-2x25 for DD) which system will work the best. You would not believe how many sim runs I have made, how many comparisons I have made, to get a pretty good idea of (assuming hilo with the indices I use, I18, F4 + a few others) which game offers me the best hourly win rate when I factor in the rules, the penetration, what bet spread I need to try to reach assuming it doesn't trigger negative attention, etc. Up until I discovered CVCX, I had two options. One was "guess". Two was to run some sims on a very basic program I wrote a few years ago. It produces accurate results, but it doesn't have a nice GUI front-end, nor are the game rules "clickable" as I have to change the source. Now if I find a game with something different that I have not looked at, I can run up to my room, open up my trusty laptop, and find out whether I should play or run. If I don't want to precisely track the count with my bets, I can see what it will cost me. Etc...

This is all eye-opening and educational. Before long you reach the point where you can evaluate game rules and penetration just as easily and quickly as you can calculate the TC while playing...

> Bye.

That is _exactly_ what I do, except I forget about the initial step you gave since it didn't give me any useful information.