Thread: Seemore Scagnetti: Q for Don

Seemore Scagnetti

Seemore Scagnetti: Q for Don

This occures often. I use hi-opt1 w/ ace side.
    In a two deck, once in a while four or five 2's
    will hit the felt during a round. My system dosen't count the 2's. But I can't help to notice there removal from the deck. If I see a bunch of
    2's come out ,should I make any adjustments to my play and/or RC, or should I just make
    a "mental note"?

thanking you in advance SS

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Q for Don

> This occures often. I use hi-opt1 w/ ace
    > side.
    > In a two deck, once in a while four or five
    > 2's
    > will hit the felt during a round. My system
    > dosen't count the 2's. But I can't help to
    > notice there removal from the deck. If I see
    > a bunch of
    > 2's come out ,should I make any adjustments
    > to my play and/or RC, or should I just make
    > a "mental note"?

> thanking you in advance SS

In my opinion, it's dangerous to do "unofficial" side counts, with no overall plan for accuracy. I'd forget about the extra 2s, until such time that you resolve to do the side count "officially," at which time you can add a small amount of extra edge.

That said, if you have a very close insurance play, you might be swayed to take insurance where otherwise you wouldn't, if you have a borderline play, and you're sure that extra 2s are really out of the deck.

Don