Thread: gilles: Thanks Don/Switching counting systems

gilles

gilles: Thanks Don/Switching counting systems

I've decided to switch to HiLo. I've considered Brh0 (similar to red 7 with doubled tag values) since I could keep all of my BrhI indices, but found that I had forgetten all of them after 2 years off.

Upon leafing through my dog-eared held together by rubberbands copy of BJAI I came to bottom of page 186; "I've just emailed John Auston to tell him that there is no end to the richness of pearls contained in the charts, and that I could go on making revelations forever"

Here's my biggest and most recent relavation. 6d s17 das risk of ruin play all vs backcounting. As the penetration drops from 4.5/6 to 4/6 the ROR for play all (800 unit bank) goes from 12.8% to 25%. The backcounting ROR goes from
    1.7% to 1.9%. Holy cow! Also, for the playing conditions described above, the 800 unit bank play all ROR equals the backcounting 400 unit bank ROR.

After playing 1d and 2d games in Vegas, I've relocated to the midwest and kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'd be grinding out 6 and 8d games, and would need a colossal bank to see it through. After this relavation, I'm looking foward to table hopping and learning a new style of play.
    I'm sure this is old news to most of you, but I was pretty shocked by it.

Thanks Don, and John.

PS does BJA3 have 8 deck data?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Thanks Don/Switching counting systems

> PS does BJA3 have 8 deck data?

Yes, and, much more importantly, the Chapter 10 charts are entirely redone. We now reflect optimal betting for all of the games, so you really should get the most recent information.

Don