Thread: Dancer: Trip Summary and Advantage Craps??

Dancer

Dancer: Trip Summary and Advantage Craps??

I played over the weekend at some deeply-dealt games in Vegas. Alas, even with good to excellent penetration, fairly large spreads (8:1 - 2D, 20:1 - 6D), and a lot of walking, I still managed to lose $3,300 in 9 hours at the tables. The outcome is certainly well within 1 SD of the expectation given my unit size, but losing still sucks -- even if it's mathematically justifiable.

On the plus side, I played 3 brief sessions of craps for cover purposes (all winners). One of those was with a well-known celebrity couple. They were betting $3,000 on the pass line and backing it up to $15,000 on the odds line.

There was so much confusion, excitement, and big money on the table, that the dealer mistakenly paid me TWICE in 15 minutes for pass line bets I didn't make! (I tend to sit out a lot to, "sense the flow of the dice". People actually buy this stuff...) This sort of dealer error would have to give the player a 5% advantage, or perhaps even more. Any math majors out there???

In any case, when the dealer left, so did I. I did, however, manage to record his name in my journal for future trips...

Overall, craps saved my butt. I won $4,200, so my trip netted a $900 win. Not great, but I'll take it.

Great cards to you...

Ouchez

Ouchez: Re: Trip Summary and Advantage Craps??

> I played over the weekend at some
    > deeply-dealt games in Vegas. Alas, even with
    > good to excellent penetration, fairly large
    > spreads (8:1 - 2D, 20:1 - 6D), and a lot of
    > walking, I still managed to lose $3,300 in 9
    > hours at the tables. The outcome is
    > certainly well within 1 SD of the
    > expectation given my unit size, but losing
    > still sucks -- even if it's mathematically
    > justifiable.

> On the plus side, I played 3 brief sessions
    > of craps for cover purposes (all winners).
    > One of those was with a well-known celebrity
    > couple. They were betting $3,000 on the pass
    > line and backing it up to $15,000 on the
    > odds line.

> There was so much confusion, excitement, and
    > big money on the table, that the dealer
    > mistakenly paid me TWICE in 15 minutes for
    > pass line bets I didn't make! (I tend to sit
    > out a lot to, "sense the flow of the
    > dice". People actually buy this
    > stuff...) This sort of dealer error would
    > have to give the player a 5% advantage, or
    > perhaps even more. Any math majors out
    > there???

> In any case, when the dealer left, so did I.
    > I did, however, manage to record his name in
    > my journal for future trips...

> Overall, craps saved my butt. I won $4,200,
    > so my trip netted a $900 win. Not great, but
    > I'll take it.

> Great cards to you...

Next to taking over a don't bet you have found the hidden secret to advantage craps play......forcing dealer error, an art few people are adept at, and even fewer talk about.

hip hop

hip hop: Re: Trip Summary and Advantage Craps??

Some famous craps players used this to play an advantage game all the time. Jimmy the greek (I think) figured if he could force one call an hour his way he had an advantage. On any close call he would bitch and moan until he got his call, once an hour seemed to be his goal. Frank Sinatra had it the best, if he won he won if he lost he was shilling for the house.

Hip Hop

Moose

Moose: Re: Trip Summary and Advantage Craps??

> Next to taking over a don't bet you have found the hidden secret to advantage craps play...... forcing dealer error, an art few people are adept at, and even fewer talk about.

Because few people are skilled at cheating, and even fewer desire to get good enough at cheating that they're willing to practice to do it??

Anyone forcing mispays like that has no business gambling because they apparently need the money too badly to play it straight up.

M.