Thread: Petie: Single Deck Games

Petie

Petie: Single Deck Games

I was wondering if I can still have a very profitable game if I use Thorp's Basic Strategy and his Counting 5's System when playing against a single deck?

Robert V. Lux

Robert V. Lux: Re: Single Deck Games

I thought the ace-five count was only a side count, and not an ordinary. It is good to gain an extra advatntage, at least in one deck games, where it is possible to keep track of all aces and fives, and easier to calculate the extra advantage/disadvantage with mental arithmetic.

/Robert V. Lux

.: Re: Single Deck Games

wouldn't Uston's Ace-5 count be better? it would definitely help you to keep track of Aces against fives, however, you could just pick up a full count system that's easy to use. why don't you read Fuch and Vancura's "Knock-Out Blackjack". i don't know about Thorp's basic strategy, but Griffin's is the most accurate for single deck.

hope this helped.

Moose

Moose: Thorp's ten-count

It should be mentioned here that Thorp's ten count, though being the first real card-counting system developed, is easily more complex than any count system that doesn't integrate side counts, and probably more so than one that does.

To use the Thorp ten-count system, you had to keep two exact numbers in your head, and everytime you saw a card, you had to count it - none of this "ignoring" combos like T5, 98, A3, T28 etc. You of course had to keep an exact count because all your play indeces, and your betting, were ratios that were exact to one decimal place. How quickly can you determine whether 41/17 is greater than 2.4 or not?

Having said that, someday I want to play some single deck using the system, just so I can say that I did..

M.

Parker

Parker: Easy counting

> I was wondering if I can still have a very
    > profitable game if I use Thorp's Basic
    > Strategy and his Counting 5's System when
    > playing against a single deck?

Do this instead. Go to the website linked below. On the menu at left, click on "The KO Rookie System." The entire chapter from the book regarding this system is reprinted there.

In other words, everything you need to know to learn this count is right there. You don't even need to buy the book.

This is an easy count - the 2-7 are +1, and the 10 value cards and aces are -1. It is used in running count mode - there is no true count conversion.

Basic strategy is used - there are no indices to learn.

There is no bet ramping - you have two bets, a small bet and a large bet. Above a certain count, you make the large bet.

That's it.

The nice thing about this system is that after you have mastered it, you merely add the strategy matrix and a bet ramp, and you have the KO Preferred system, which is on a par with Hi-lo and most level one systems.

By that time you will need the book, Knockout Blackjack, by Ken Fuchs and Olaf Vancura, which of course may be ordered from the online catalog link at left.

Igor

Igor: (Message Deleted by Poster)