Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Smoother than splitting 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartpart View Post
    Smoother than splitting 10s.
    Haha, that is certainly true!

I don't hold back on soft doubles when the count justifies it but I don't split tens. Soft hands seem a little mysterious to most (non-AP) players so there's plenty of scope for playing them without looking too skilful. Unless you're betting heavily, I would not worry about making this particular play.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad View Post
    Unless you're betting heavily, I would not worry about making this particular play.
    Wouldn't you likely have your max bet out when you make this double? Seems like it would be a dead giveaway. In my experience, the dealer calls out the play some of the time, so you might convince a ploppy you're a gambler, but the pit would raise a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    Wouldn't you likely have your max bet out when you make this double?
    Yes, but some AP's max bets aren't heavy! What I mean is, if you're counting at small or medium stakes then I wouldn't worry too much about this move. If you're betting purple then maybe you'd think a little harder about how much attention it gets. Obviously depends on how sweaty the joint is, whether it's a home game etc. But generally I would say just go for it and make as much money as you can!