Thread: Other players skill?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I sometimes ask them for advice.

Thank you very much for your feedback and opening my eyes

I very often "ask" for advice.

One more thing. Don't assume that someone playing green or higher knows what they're doing. You'd be surprised.

a dealer making your decision for you is a good thing. because if the hand doesn't work out in your favor, just say that you wanted to hit and ask to be let out of the hand (as long as it doesn't take too long). if you're on 3rd base, it should be the right amount of time, if not, wait to see what the next person's hit card would be and make your judgement there.
    big dog in charge

Quote Originally Posted by HowMany View Post
    ... Even the people that bring strategy cards have the wrong card for the game. Often it is a S17 card at a H17 game, or a single deck strategy card for a 6/8 deck game.
    Not only that, but they usually don't even use the card religiously either. I don't think I've ever seen a card carrying player that always consulted their card in cases of uncertainty. Sometimes they do, sometimes they just make a play without even looking at the card. Then they say, "oh sh!t, I was supposed to stay on that one". I often wonder why they even have the card to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Not only that, but they usually don't even use the card religiously either. I don't think I've ever seen a card carrying player that always consulted their card in cases of uncertainty. Sometimes they do, sometimes they just make a play without even looking at the card. Then they say, "oh sh!t, I was supposed to stay on that one". I often wonder why they even have the card to begin with.
    Also, they don't follow the card as a science. That is they will make exceptions like not hitting S18 vs 9/10/A.

I never care what other players do. It doesn't even cross my mind. It's a key weakness in my cover. Some other player or dealer will nudge me and mutter, "That guy over there is killing you" and I'm always like, "Whu? Huh? Oh yeah, well, he paid for his hand blah blah blah". Blackjack Autumn and You've Got Heat are saturated with the authors' aggravation over other players' decision-making. It must be torture for a serious blackjack player. Thankfully my angst comes in a different flavor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12