See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Auditioning Spotters

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Trying to find purpose in (most of) Boz's posts is akin to trying to find purpose in the streak left by your dog as it scoots its rear along the carpet of your living room.

The more you stick around, staring, the more your senses will be offended.
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by lurppis View Post
    "Contempt breeds" is no more or less metaphorical than "familiarity breeds contempt", nor is it any more or less correct. The second is more common, but it implies the possibility of the first, because in order for something to be bred, it has to be something which is able to (in the intransitive sense) breed.

I think this contradiction speaks for itself.
    LOL what? ok let's go thru this. keep in mind b4 u complain i said two lines to mr. white, it's not me who keeps it going.

An idiomatic expression is a special form of speech. Its meaning cannot be known merely from the meanings of its words. Familiarity breeds contempt is an idiomatic expression. Contempt breeds is not an idiomatic expression; at best it is a neologism. Therefore, u must take 'contempt breeds' at face value. Thus, 'contempt breeds' is improper usage. Contempt breeds in no way implies the possibility of familiarity breeds contempt; what it does imply is the writer misused the idiom. At face value, it means that contempt reproduced asexually. This is nonsense. Another definition of breeds is to cause. Contempt cannot be the cause and the effect, and this form is used in the transitive sense. Again nonsense.

The contradiction speaks for itself? The question was not genuine confusion regarding whether consequences or dealers were helpless. The question points to the fact that the sentence is a run-on, and uses improper grammar in the form of subject/pronoun confusion. That is obvious. That is why I used the term obviously. If u couldnt see that, then well, like the average american, u might read at a 6th grade level. And it's a fact, that's about where the average adult is. But yeah, lol...feel free to debate it further.
    Last edited by Boz; 02-24-2013 at 02:26 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Trying to find purpose in (most of) Boz's posts is akin to trying to find purpose in the streak left by your dog as it scoots its rear along the carpet of your living room.

The more you stick around, staring, the more your senses will be offended.
    Dont be gross white. talk about cookin meth w/jessie. i hate skyler and ur retarded son, why dont u just kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    LOL what? ok let's go thru this. keep in mind b4 u complain i said two lines to mr. white, it's not me who keeps it going.

But yeah, lol...feel free to debate it further.
    I have no intention of complaining to anyone, but on the off chance that anybody still wants to use this thread to discuss its intended topic, I have nothing further to say here about grammar. Maybe I should have stopped sooner, but there's nothing I can do about that now. Let me know via PM if you want to read my response to the above, and I will endeavour to write and send it after I have slept.

Quote Originally Posted by lurppis View Post
    I have no intention of complaining to anyone, but on the off chance that anybody still wants to use this thread to discuss its intended topic, I have nothing further to say here about grammar. Maybe I should have stopped sooner, but there's nothing I can do about that now. Let me know via PM if you want to read my response to the above, and I will endeavour to write and send it after I have slept.
    yeah the boz will debate u. the boz probably wouldnt perpetually create new handles if he was suspended. the boz is not a valued customer, he's a freeloader, gets minimal respect from the man.

Hi ho the dairy-O, a trolling we will go???? What in the world is goin on?? Todays lesson: never miss your meds.
    “The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without.”
    Aleister Crowley

Quote Originally Posted by dharmaprija View Post
    Hi ho the dairy-O, a trolling we will go???? What in the world is goin on?? Todays lesson: never miss your meds.
    hi ho the dairy-o? someones not ashamed of their purple pride.

Hi everyone.

So this is my first post on this forum, and I hadn't imagined my first post to be a reply to a thread like this, but it's gotta start somewhere, right? =)

(Usually I create a new thread introducing myself into a forum of a particular niche - oh well)...

So I'm pretty tech-savvy, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to PM someone on this forum. I even searched Google for 'how to PM someone on vBulletin' - oh well...perhaps I have to have you on my friends list before being able to PM?

I attempted to add you, "moo321" to my friends list. Perhaps after you "accept" I can then PM you? Nonetheless, I've studied the game for years, play every now and then, and am in the metro.

There is much more to "my story" but I'd prefer to stay as anonymous as possible at this point.

moo321, If you are able to PM me please do so and I'd be happy to put together a quick video for you introducing myself, background, etc. before you go further with me (unless you'd prefer coffee somewhere first).

Thanks.

Blog Entries

See Private Messaging in the "Blackjack: The Forum Tour" post at the top of this forum.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    See Private Messaging in the "Blackjack: The Forum Tour" post at the top of this forum.
    Thankyou. I was actually JUST going to come back and say "I see you have to post five times first and THEN you can PM."

Gotcha!

EDIT: ...and a member for five days.
    Last edited by Mickey; 03-03-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112